The Ruins [2]

As soon Adrien stepped out of the room, the CELL PHONE rung.
"Hello?" Adrien asked.
"You have not left the room yet, have you child?" Adrien tensed up. "There are plenty of puzzles I have not explained yet. Please wait for me."
Toriel hung up.
Adrien put the phone in his pocket and looked around. There was another monster to his left.
"Ribbit, Ribbit."
(Excuse me, human. I have some advice for you about battling monsters.)
Adrien was startled because the frog...

Was TALKING!
"Uhh, okay, what is it?" Adrien asked.
"(If you ACT a certain way or FIGHT until you almost defeat them, they may not want to battle you anymore. Please, learn to use some MERCY, human.")
Adrien had no idea what the frog was talking about. He only cared about finding Plagg.
Adrien entered a room with a candy bowl. He recalled his fathers orders of not eating out of his diet pyramid, and shrugged it off. He then ran back and stuffed a few in his pocket.
As he was going to enter the next room, another monster ran into his chest, then shrieked and flew past him before he could apologize.
He arrived at a room with spikes, a rock, and the spikes were separating him from the next room.
Adrien knew what to do, this scenario has been used in many of the video games he's played.
Adrien began to push the rock forward, and as soon as it was at the end the spikes were pushed down. These puzzles weren't deadly at all! Well, the spike one Toriel showed him was quite scary...
Adrien sighed as in the next room there were 3 rocks to push.
The CELL PHONE rang.
"Hello?"
"My child, do you prefer Butterscotch, or Cinnamon?" Toriel asked.
"I haven't tried those ingredients before, my father wouldn't let me." There was a small silence.
"I.. see.." Toriel said, then hung up.
Before Adrien could take another step, the phone rang again.
"You do not dislike butterscotch or cinnamon, right?" She asked.
"Well, they do smell really good.. I guess not." Adrien explained.
"Ok, thank you." Toriel thanked him, and hung up. Adrien sighed. Toriel was like a mother he never had.
He pushed two rocks, but the third decided to protest.
"Hey! You think you can just push me around like those two over 'ere?" It asked. Adrien was startled. "Umm, well, I would like it if you would move, maybe, for me?" Adrien asked.
"So you're askin me to move? Alright then. How's this?" It asked, but Adrien lost hope when it only moved halfway to where it needed to be.
"Umm, sir, could you move some more, maybe?" Adrien asked.
"More? Just for you, pumpkin." Adrien thought he had it right this time, but it just moved off the path.
"Sir?"
"HMM? That was the wrong direction, huh? How's this?" The rock moved back onto the path and onto the pressure plate. Adrien thanked the gods.
"Thank you!" Adrien said, but right when he was going to pass the spikes....

_________
Live or die?
Stay or go?
Questions to be answered in the next few chapters, stick around for more!