Chapter Three

"We need to do something over the weekend," Alexandria said as we packed up.

"It's gonna have to be at my place." She nodded. "Whenever you're free."

"Um, Saturday at ten," she suggested. I gave her a look.

"You will not be up." She turned red and I laughed a little. "Noon. You know where I reside. I'll tell my dad."

"See you tomorrow," she said and left.

By the time fourth block rolled around, I was tired. Alex and I stayed up late, cuddling and talking. We miss each other a ton. Literally, we didn't separate last night. Except to use the bathroom. I drove home, dropping Jonah off on the way, and started my homework. When my dad came home, I was terrified.

"Where were you last night," He asked.

"Hotel," I answered.

"So, what's this with the project?"

"Alex is coming over tomorrow. We got assigned and can't switch partners. It's due on Tuesday. I need a one hundred so we chose the most difficult one, which has the most work. So...," I trailed off.

"I don't have time for this shit. I need your help."

"What is it?"

"Follow me." I got up and followed him to his office. I saw a couple of his dealers. "They all owe me money. But they're out of product. What do I do?"

"Give them half. Add it to their total. Fifty dollars for late fees and then five them the other half when the debt drops to zero," I said. I grabbed his pen and the log. I did the math and distributed the products. "Any of you come back without my fathers money and it won't be pretty. I'll make sure of that."

Everyone left and my dad smiled at me. "You're learning so fast," he whispered and hugged me, "I'm sorry about yesterday."

"It's okay," I replied and pulled back, "but I know you don't like Alexandria. She's not that bad, daddy."

"She turned you gay. You're not gay." I pulled out of this embrace and sat on the couch.

"I am. I've never been attracted to boys, daddy. Why don't you realise that? It's not bad. It's just who I am. I will never change because I can't," I said.

"That's not right. She turned you gay."

"She did not! People are born gay! Not influenced to like the same sex because it's cool or a new trend. Cause it's not. People get bullied for it. Killed even. Just for loving someone. You think I haven't tried to like guys the way I like girls? I can't do it," I defended.

"Yes. You can."

"No. It's not possible. I love her," I whispered.

"No you don't. Get out."

"What does it matter, anyways? You don't give a shit about how I feel. All you care about is drugs," I said quietly. I turned, straightened my jacket, and left.

I locked myself in my room for the rest of the night, using my second phone to contact Dmitry and Alexandria. I can't believe that man. Have the fucking nerve to tell his own daughter that. I'm disgusting because I like girls. Bullshit, horse shit, dog shit. It's all shit.

-

I opened the door for Alex and gave her a hug. "Hey," I whispered.

"Hey." I took her bag and led her to my room. "Mischa, is your dad okay with this," she asked nervously.

"No. And frankly, I don't give a single shit." She giggled and I rolled my eyes.

"Such a badass," she whispered. We laid on my bed and I grabbed my laptop. We started working, not really paying attention to much else. "We should do this font." She pointed to it and I looked at her.

"What? No! We should do this one," I argued and clicked on it. She glared at me and I laughed some. She pouted and it made me melt inside. "Just for you, Alex." I pecked her lips and clicked the font. She grinned and clapped.

"Girls, do you need anything," my mom asked, "I have to run to the store. And your father left for business and won't be back till next week."

"Can she stay over," I pleaded. My mom contemplated it and then nodded. "Oreos, ice cream, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, and candy."

"Thanks, Mrs. Pushkina." My mom laughed at the mispronunciation of our last name.

"No problem Alexandria," she replied and left.

"Why did she laugh at me?"

"Cause you still say our last name wrong." She rolled her eyes and saved our work, moving the laptop after. She leaned into me.

"What are we gonna do," she whispered.

"I don't know. I keep defying him; he'll kick me out. I be his perfect daughter and I don't get you."

"I don't want you to give up your family for me. We don't even know if this is real. I'm not trying to be mean and rude, but it's the truth. They're your family," she said, "maybe he'll come around one day."

"Probably not. He can kill you. Easily. No doubt about it. I worry about what he will do to you all the time."

"I do too. But, I don't care. I'll die loving someone and knowing I'm loved." We talked for about a half hour until my mom came back.

"Hey mom, where did dad go?"

"Toronto I think. Or Quebec. He just kinda left," she answered, giving us the food.

"Thanks mom." I hugged her, kissing her cheek, and sat back down.

"We're having pizza so I will order it around five." I nodded and she left.

I laid behind Alex and kissed her cheek. "Mischa," she whispered and grabbed my hand.

"Yes," I replied and squeezed her hand, kissing it after.

"I don't want you to lose your family or get hurt because of me."

"I would do anything for you."