Chapter Twenty Six

"Stay with me tonight," I whispered. She nodded and cuddled into me, pulling the blanket higher on her naked body. I played with her hair and kissed her head. I closed my eyes and tried not to cry. I hate what she did, but I have to get over it.

"What's wrong," she asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I said.

"You're crying," she whispered. I pulled away and she looked at me. She wiped my face and kissed my cheek. I got up and grabbed my pants. I pulled them on and grabbed a bag. I went out onto the balcony, rolled a joint, and lit it. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm smoking a joint. What does it look like?" I took a hit and she looked at me.

"No. Not here," she said.

"It's my house. I make the rules," I retorted.

"What does that mean?"

"You're smart. Use your brain." I heard her get up and move a couple things. I looked over and saw her putting her clothes on.

"Fine. I'll leave."

"Have fun fucking whoever you're going to," I said. I heard her stop moving and I looked at her.

"How could you say that," she asked.

I blew the smoke out of my mouth. "The same way you cheated on me." I couple minutes later, I heard the door slam shut and I shook my head. She'll come back. She always does.

-

"Hey. I'm coming down. You need someone to get you out of the house," Dmitry said. "It happened a week ago and all you've done is work."

"Yeah. It's good for business. I'm even planning a vacation!"

"Where?"

"I don't know yet," I replied.

"Then you aren't planning one. I'm coming down. Without Alex this time. Just us two again."

"Bring me something. I need something to get me high."

"No. Not going down this road again."

"I'll do it myself," I replied, "when are you going to be here?"

"Couple hours. I'm about to board my flight."

"Okay. I'll come pick you up. Two-ish?"

"Sounds good. Bring me food, too," he said. I laughed and little and we exchanged goodbyes. I hung up after and checked my Snapchat. Alex has a lot of emo shit on her story, but it'll be fine.

I got up and went downstairs. My phone rang and I picked it up. "Hello," I asked.

"Mischa," Alex whispered.

"What do you need? Do you need money? Food," I asked.

"I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you." I got into my car and sighed. "Please talk to me."

"I don't know what to say to you, Alex. I love you, I really do, but I don't want a repeat of what happened last week. And I can't just drop it."

"I never said I wanted you to. I just wanna talk."

"Well, I'm about to go meet someone and then get Dmitry from the airport."

"Who are you meeting?"

"A friend. I guess."

"Are you going to get drugs," she asked.

"What?"

"Dmitry texted me. He told me what you asked him. Mischa, you don't need to be doing that."