Chapter Fifteen

"What do you want Terrance?"

"Break up with her. Alexandria, I mean."

"No. You can't blackmail me. You have nothing on me."

"So, your drug cartel is nothing to you? Wow. Does she even know?"

"Yeah. She does. She doesn't care. Alex would never date you man. Trust me. She doesn't like you. You can't force a girl to like you," I said and shrugged. I texted one of my guys to follow him and see what he does. He'll find his address and bug his house.

"She knows you're running a highly illegal business and she doesn't care? Wow. That's a lie. She cares about everything."

"And not you. She loves me."

"No she doesn't. She's told me." I rolled my eyes and he stood up. "Listen you fucking tranny, break up with her or you will have hell to pay."

"So scared," I replied and he got up. I patted him down and found a couple of my papers and a flash drive. I told my guy to clear his phone and everything he owns. It may be harsh, but I take no chances. "Leave."

"You'll regret this," he said as he left. I rolled my eyes and put the things he tried to steal away. I kept doing my work and the next time I look up, it's dark. Shit.

I immediately call Alex, gathering my things as I did. "Where are you," she screamed, "I waited an hour for you to come and get me!"

"I'm sorry. I lost track of time. I'm coming right now."

"It's nine o'clock. I walked home at six. I've been calling you. Do you know how worried I was? I thought you were dead," there was a sense of relieve in her voice as she talked.

"I'm sorry. I had to do so much." I

"Tell me when you get home."

"Have you eaten?"

"No."

"Okay," I said, "I love you. I'll pick something up."

"I love you too." She hung up and I started driving to her favourite Chinese place. I placed the order and then went to the store beside it to get a couple things we need, as well as some of her favourites.

I picked up the order and went home. "Alex?" She came out of the hallway and I smiled at her. She was in shorts, a sheer shirt, and some fuzzy socks. "Hey." She came over and kissed me.

I kissed her back and put my hand on the arch of her back. She pulled away, took the Chinese food, and started eating. I put the other stuff away and sat beside her. "How was your day," she asked.

"Terrance is trying to blackmail me into breaking up with you. But that's not going to happen. I have one of my guys following him." She laid her head on my shoulder and I kissed her head. "I love you."

"I love you," she replied.

"What about you?"

"It was good. Class was boring but the study group was fun as hell. Everybody was messing around." I smiled and ate my food.

"I'm sorry about not getting you. I completely zoned."

"It's okay. It happens to everyone." She put on America's Next Top Model, knowing I kind of don't like the show. It's just not my thing.

My phone started ringing and she handed it to me. It was my grandma. "Hello," I said in Russian.

"Hey. Are you still coming for Christmas, love?"

"Yeah. Why? Did something happen?"

"No, no. Just wanted to make sure so we could make arrangements for you and your girlfriend. Is it you or her getting the sex change," she asked. I turned red.