Chapter 6: A Case

Hello my beautiful, amazing readers!

Here is a long overdue chapter for you all. Thank you for getting me to 600 reads and almost 50 votes! I never thought my stories would get this much attention and love. You guys are amazing!

Now to updates. I will try to update as often as possible for you all but it is difficult as I am usually terrible busy. So I cannot commit to a consistent schedule for updates. However, since I have taken a hiatus on all my other fics except this one. I should be updating more often. I hope you enjoy this chapter and if you have any ideas on what you'd like to see incorporated into this fic. I'll be more than happy to do so!

Lastly, everything I wirte in regards to John's illness is completely made up. I do a bit of research, but most of it is of complete fiction and may not be entirely correct. That is all :)

Remember to vote and comment!!

Xoxo,

Molly

John

"John!" Sherlock shouts from the living room as I rummage through the kitchen looking for something to eat for breakfast. "John!"

"Yes?" I shout back as I peer around the corner to look at Sherlock.

"Have you taken your medicine yet?" He asks with a concerned look on his face.

I sigh with a smile and approach him where he sits in his chair with his laptop, plucking away at the keys.

"Not yet." I say bending down and kissing the top of his head. It makes me feel warm inside when Sherlock tries to care for me. As I kiss him, he stops what he's doing and looks up at me giving me his full attention. "It's best to take them after I've eaten. You remember what happened last time?"

Sherlock's eyes widen and he shudders as he remembers the horrible side effect of taking one of my pills without food. Basically, it had to do with me praying to the God of Toilets for an entire day. I've never thrown up so much in my life.

"Yeah. It was a bit not good and I'd rather not have a repeat of that." I continue.

"Neither do I." He says taking my hand within his and kissing it softly. "I hate seeing you sick." He continues looking at me sadly.

"Thank you for taking care of me." I smile.

"Always." He smiles back.

We continue smiling at each other like a couple of love struck teenagers for a while longer before my stomach breaks the silence by demonstrating a whale mating song. Sherlock's eyebrow shoots up and disappears into his hair as he smirks at me.

"Well. I think that's my queue to continue making breakfast." I chuckle. "What would you like to eat?"

"I'm not hungry."

I suppress a sigh. "Sherlock, you haven't eaten in three days."

"See it's only been three days. I'm good for a while longer and you know eating slows me down."

"Please, Sherlock." I say, almost begging. "For me?" I hate when he goes so long without eating. It worries me to no end. I always feel better after I know he's got a little food in his belly.

Sherlock remains silent for a couple of moments before sighing.

"Fine. I'll eat some eggs and a bit of toast."

"That's my boy." I say giving him a full smile and kissing his forehead. He rolls his eyes at me, but smiles back.

I go back into the kitchen and begin making eggs and toast as Sherlock resumes his work on his laptop.