Meeting Alacander

Chris' POV & Three Days Later

I called Athena for six hours during the plane ride. I insisted that she slept or ate, but she didn't want to. I even talked to Ben for a little bit. It was the best call in my life, yet the worst. Hanging up was definitely both of our least favorite parts. I miss her so so much and it's only been three full days. I promised her that I wouldn't leave again, yet I broke it. My heart wrenched at the what she's capable of doing when she's alone. She promised me that she wouldn't, so I have to rely on that. I would kill to be a mile away, or feel the breath she takes, but fate won't let me. I miss her hair, her eyes, her ears, her nose, her lips, her chin, her neck, her mark, her shoulders, her chest, her arms, her waist, her hands, her fingers, her hips, her thighs, her knees, her calves, her feet, her toes. Her everything. Even the space between her thighs. I know it's not healthy, but I miss it.

I looked through my phone, looking at the pictures of Athena, Ben and me. I was caught off guard with a ping, Athena texted me.

Face time?

Yeah, I'm free.

I immediately face timed her and for once, my heart beat started again. She answered and I could see her beautiful face again, "Hey!" I put my headphones in and turned the volume up,

"Hey, how's Cape Verde?" she asked.

"Shitty without you. Anyways, how're you?" I questioned.

"I'm... okay, I guess." She smiled and laid down on our bed,

"We're attacking in two days. I miscalculated, I'm supposed to be home in about three months," I told her. I noticed her smile grow.

We talked for almost four hours. Even Ben spoke to me. She told me that she was thinking of going to a cutter's meeting to relieve her boredom and possibly help. I agreed, it would be a good idea for her. If she has 285 scars when I come back, I'm covering her arms with bandages and never taking them off. She's way too important to me, I could never be a mateless father. It would drive me insane.

Athena's POV

I felt better after seeing and talking to Chris. Ben was also happy, but not as ecstatic as me. I clutched his pillow close to my chest. Tears slowly dripped out of my eyes and onto the pillow. I felt Ben crawl over to me, giving me a big slobbery kiss. I hugged him tightly, I could smell Chris off of him. I kissed his little, chubby cheeks, and looked at his chocolate brown eyes, "I love you, baby. I love you so much," I cried, hugging him tightly,

"I love you, mama!" he giggled back. I inhaled the scent of Ben mixed with Chris, hoping he was with us. I kissed his cheek again and brushed his hair back. He's the cutest baby I've ever seen, well, he is me and Chris' baby. He has a little freckle on the side of his cheek, it's almost like a birthmark instead.

Next Week

It felt like an eternity has passed since I've last seen Chris, but it's only been seven days. I miss him more than anything. I sent him a video of Ben trying to walk, but he just slipped on top of a cracker. It was cute, but I'd enjoy it more if I didn't have to text him and I could just talk. He told me that he installed security cameras in almost every room. Even six outside. The guards came last night, making me feel a bit safer, yet uncomfortable. I only wish Chris was back. PING

Chris texted me,

Hey, baby. I can't call or text for six weeks. We're on our way to Alpha Alacander's place and he's not a big phone fan. I miss you, I love you. Stay safe.

Oh, okay. I miss and love you too. Be safe, please. Ben said hi.

I slumped down onto the couch and clutched my phone tight to my chest. Why, of all people, did Alpha Alacander call our Pack? Why did he personally call Chris? What if Chris lied?