f o r t y - o n e .

Tionne

"Alright y'all take a seat, we're about to eat." Ilene announced. I grabbed Normani's hand and she smiled weakly.

"You okay?" I asked. She nodded her head. "I'm fine." She lied. I could tell something was wrong with her.

It was probably about Sasha. "I love you." I said. I knew that might make her feel better and it did.

Her smile widened. "I love you more." I kissed her lips and made sure Sasha saw it.

She slightly rolled her eyes at us. We took a seat and Sasha sat right beside me.

Normani frowned and huffed. "Hey cousin in-law." She said. I raised a brow.

"Everyone is seated? Alright." Ilene said standing up slowly. I felt a hand roam up my thigh.

Sasha leaned in. "Let's go upstairs." She whispered. I frowned the she gripped my thigh making me shoot up from my seat.

"Woah! Ain't God good?" I asked. "Amen!" Everyone yelled. Normani's eyes widened.

"Aunte Ilene take a seat, I got this." I said. She stared at me for a second before finally sitting down.

"Alright..grab hands." I instructed. I locked hands with Mani and I kissed it causing her to smile.

Sasha tried touching my hand when I grabbed her wrist.

I didnt know where her hands been and I sensed she was a hoe when she was checking me out.

"Bow y'all heads man." I said. Everybody bowed their heads.

"God..thank you for this good food we got sitting infront of us. Bless everyone sitting at this table God and touch them Lord.

I want to thank my mother in-law Andrea for inviting me and my beautiful girlfriend Normani.

She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I just wanna thank you. I love this girl to death and I'll do anything for her.

I know you made everyone in your image and only you can judge. Amen."

"Amen." Everyone said then started eating.

I took my seat and Normani was staring at me in shock. "What?" I asked.

"How long have y'all been together?" Sasha asked. I picked up a couple pieces of chicken.

"Eight Months." Normani said answering her question. "Oh that's cool." Sasha said.

I scooped up a spoon full of potato salad and sat it on my plate.

"Normani, how's school?" Another one of her aunt's asked. "School is fine, good grades as usual." She said.

I smiled. That's my girl. "It must be hard...I heard you lived in LA." Sasha told me.

I would've spoke but I had alot if food in my mouth. So I just nodded.

"Yea she does. So?" Normani asked. Everyone grew quiet. "Normani." Andrea warned.

"Why are you so pressed? I was just asking a question."

Sasha said. Everyone looked at Sasha. "Your asking too many." Normani said.

They turnt to Normani. "What you should be asking your girlfriend is how many girls she's been laid up with while your at school.

I wouldn't be surprised though. I would cheat on you to." Sasha said. Normani frowned.

I swallowed my food and looked at Sasha. "Don't talk to my girl like that bitch." I spat.

Everyone gasped. I rolled my eyes. Normani stood up from her seat and walked off.

I looked back at her and ate the rest of my macaroni before running after her.

"Normani!" Andrea yelled. I shook my head. "I got her." I said. She sighed and placed her hand on her hip.

I walked in the house. "Bae!" I yelled. I walked down the hall when I saw the closet door open.

"I'm in here." She whispered. I narrowed my eyebrows wondering why she chose the closet out of all places.

I stepped inside and she closed the door. She cut the light on pulling the string.

"Why the closet though?" I asked. She shrugged. "This was where I go when my parents would argue all the time."

She explained. I nodded my head looking around the small closet with coats on the side of us.

"I hate her...so much." Normani shook her head. "Don't listen to her-"

"And she had the nerve to accuse you of cheating." She said. I shrugged.

"Jealous."

She nodded. "That's exactly how she's always been, jealous. Her Mama didn't give a fuck about her but mine did." She said.

"I just say fuck her." I said. "Your right."

"I know." She wrapped her arms around my neck looking at me. "You didn't have to stick up for me." She said.

I smacked my lips. "Didn't have to? She pissed me off. Besides, you fight I fight..right?" I asked.

"Mhm." I held her butt and gently squeezed it.

"Did you mean what you said at the table?" She asked talking about the prayer.

I nodded. "Every word." "Cause I know she's prettier than me-"

"Ain't nobody prettier than you." I frowned. She smacked her lips.

"Your just saying that."

"I'm saying it because it's true Ma, your fucking beautiful. You look better than anyone I've ever seen."

I said. She was silent listening to me. "You need to be more confident in yourself."

"I am, but I've always hated my skin color." I frowned.

"People would always say I'm too dark-" "I love your skin color." "Really?"

I nodded. It was true. "Why?" "Because I love chocolate." I said. She sighed.

"Here you go with mixing up food with reality again." She mumbled.

"Oh shut up." I mumbled.

She smiled.

----------