How to survive being shot

ABBY POV

We run into battle ready. I shoot arrow after arrow. It's a lot of monsters, earthborn and small cyclops.

There's also half-bloods, maybe 20 or so. They have arrows, swords, knives, and clubs. The battle was easy for me, just shoot, roll, duck, shoot, repeat.

The wolves tear through the monsters, but the other hunters are having a hard time fending off the monsters, then a huge figure appears.

A manticore saying in a raspy voice "You will not survive. Chose between family or your pack of minions that serve Artemis!" The manticore says Artemis as I'd it's an insult. But then he continues "This is what will happen to all you care about." That's when I hear a scream.

"NO!!!!" I scream! Kate!!! Kate was just shot by a half-blood, right in the chest. I run over to Kate, she's bleeding a lot, but Kate's the healer we don't know how to heal.

Thalia shoots the last monster and then runs over. "What happened" she asked "who shot her?"

"Does it matter Thalia?" I'm crying now, "Kate's dying!!!"

"Abby" Thalia begins

"What" I scream at her

"Take her away" Thalia says to Karen

Karen picks me up and puts me in a tent. I'm crying hysterically right now.

"Please Karen" I say "let me see her"

"I can't" she says

"Please"

"No" she yells!!

She gives me a cup of water and I immediately fall asleep.