This feeling that I hate

Amethyst POV

I felt my heart beat as Steven walked with me to the barn. Lapis and Peridot came running out of the barn. It was unusual for Steven to walk with me to... much places like the barn. What is this stupid freaking feeling?! Oh, my gosh! I hate it! My heart aches when he is near, my heart yearns to be near him when he's away and I don't know what it is.

I felt something in front of me, but I was too deep in thought to care.

"Amethyst?" Steven asked. He waved his hand in front of me, but I payed no mind, for when he spoke, the aching in my heart grew.

He snapped his fingers in my face.

"Amethyst!" He would yell. I came back to reality.

"Yeah?! What is it?! You interrupted my thoughts!" I blurted on accident. Oh, you're an idiot, Amethyst!

"Sorry, you just wouldn't answer me." He apologized. "So, Lapis, Peridot... want to go to funland?" He turned to Lapis and Peridot. They both blushed for some reason. I sighed. He wasn't going to invite me to go. I was turning to walk back to the temple when I heard Stevens voice. Oh, great. Now my heart is aching even more.

"Do you want to come, Amethyst?"

"Oh, really?! Sure!" I said. I may have said it a little too loud because Lapis and Peridot jumped. We went to the city and went on our way to funland.

"Hey, guys. I want to ask Connie if she'll come. Be right back!" Steven called. He ran behind a building with his phone. I stood in front of Peridot and Lapis, watching him go. I heard a sigh from behind. I turned to see who it was, but nobody that I could see was sighing. I looked at them for a moment.

"What?" Lapis asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Nothing." I said. Peridot stood there looking at me with a scowl on her face as I started tapping my foot.

"You got a problem?" I asked rudely. I haven't been getting along with Peridot often for some reason. Lapis looked at me the same way as Peridot.

"No." She said promptly, meaning to end that conversation quick. Man, am I glad that I'm not a peridot. But it can suck being a defective gem. You're short, you can be weak, and a lot more I don't feel like naming.

"Hey, guys! I'm back!" Steven said cheerfully. Then he saw our sour faces from earlier. "What's the matter, guys?"

"Nothing, Steven." I said. I shook away the face and went back to my normal self. He smiled.

"Guess who's coming!"

"Connie." I said. It was obvious. He did tell us he was going to ask her.

"Yeah!" He jumped up and down. Man, humans have a lot of energy as kids. So we went to Connie's house to get her.

"I can only stay for an hour." She said as she hugged Steven. She smiled as he let go of her. But, she didn't let go... Oh, my gosh... Why do I feel jealousy rising in me?! It felt like my heart was going to blow up and I was going to scream. Simultaneously, I reached for my gem and pulled out my whip.

"Amethyst?! What are you doing?!" Lapis grabbed my arm and tried to take my whip.

"I have to go. Now." I said. I took off running as fast as I could. I was now running toward the beach and leaving the city. I noticed I was now running through sand. I slowed down until I was finally walking. I stopped at the barn. My whip was still in my tight grip. I used my whip to throw everything around. I threw things from trash cans to some of Peridot's junk and even threw their TV out the window. I heard a loud gasp and turned around to see Garnet and Pearl standing at the door.