Why do I not know Steven?

Warning: This is a short chapter. Enjoy! ;) This chapter is just about what Garnet showed Pearl. About the song chapter... you will soon find out what Connie meant.

Pearl POV

"What? What is it?" I asked. She kissed me on the forehead. I saw a path. It was unlike one Garnet had talked about. It showed the Helenite laying on the beach, shaking. Someone familiar runs up. He was as tall as Amethyst, and wore a red shirt with a star in the center. Why wouldn't my mind recognize him? His hair was curly, like Rose's and was brown. There were streaks of pink dyed in his hair. He looked kind of like... who? I-I can't tell. What's wrong with my mind?! I know him somehow! I know I do! The boy had a Quartz gem on his stomach. Steven! Now I remember! He ran to the Helenite. He was crying for some reason. He turned over the shaking body and licked his hand. He took the gems hand and there was a cracked gem on her hand. Steven rubbed his healing saliva on her gem. She retreated to her gem. The path takes me to the temple, where we sit. Only, we weren't all there. Amethyst was gone. Where is she? The path took me to a place, a place I dislike very much. The kindergarten.

"What's wrong with me?!" I heard Amethyst scream. I saw her crying, laying on the ground. Why is she here? The path went dark. My eyes opened. Garnet stood there.

"I-I don't understand. What is happening?" I asked, a confused expression on my face.

"I don't know. I don't even know where this path came from. After Helenite came, that path just showed up. Paths don't do that. They don't just show up. And it's not even a full path. Just pieces." Garnet said. I became very confused. How could that happen?