A Helenite

Garnet POV

I thought of how Connie put in that part,

"Wh-which I'm totally not," After she said she said 'even if I'm not like them.' What did Connie mean by that song? Hmm...

"Connie? May I talk to you?" I asked, my voice emotionless.

"Sure, what is it?" She asked. I dragged her away from everybody else. Pearl looked, but shrugged her shoulders and kept walking.

"So?" Connie asked, now having a serious look on her face.

"What did you mean earlier at the beginning of the song when you said your totally not like the others? You said it nervously, like you are trying to hide something. What is it?" I asked.

"I-I didn't mean anything by it." I looked her in the eyes with my three eyes. She looked down. I gave up and said,

"All right. If you say so." She continued to walk with the other girls. They unfused right after the song because they couldn't take the silence.

We walked for a half an hour before we found our way back to the warp pad.

"Connie needs to eat. We need to take her back to the temple." Pearl said. I nodded and we warped back to the temple. I was quite surprised that Pearl hasn't broken down into tears yet. Steven has been gone for almost two hours. Amethyst sighed and started nibbling on a chocolate bar. I remember that Amethyst has a crush on Steven. I smiled.

"Amethyst, come." I waved as I walked out the door, signaling Amethyst to come. She jumped up from her seat on the sofa and followed. "You... still... like Steven, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. I just miss him. Do you know if he is coming back?" She asked with hopeful eyes. I looked down, my eyes wide, just like my mouth. I looked at the two different paths. I tried to find another one, but I couldn't. There were only two paths. I looked through the one with Stevens dream, he doesn't come back in that one, I looked in the one he becomes corrupted, wait...

"Oh, my." I said.

"What? What is it?! Does he come back?!" She could barely hold in her excitement from the suspension. A smile formed on my face.

"WHAT IS IT?! YOU WILL TELL ME RIGHT NOW!!" Amethyst cried as loud as she could, making Pearl and the others come running out to see.

"What is it? Is it my baby?!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Garnet won't tell me!" Amethyst yelled. I couldn't move. I looked on the path where Steven could possibly become corrupted, after that path, is another, one that shows Steven using his healing saliva to make the corruption stop. After that, I can't see any further.

"I-If we keep Stevens dream from happening, the corrupted gem that took him will try to make him become corrupted," I started, Pearl gasped. Her smile disappeared quickly. She was now holding back tears. "But... Steven will save himself from becoming corrupted! We will have him back!" I cheered. Pearl's tears went away and an even bigger smile than before grew across her face. Lapis was smiling from ear to ear. Peridot was jumping up and down. Amethyst was frozen in her place. "Now you know." I said to her.

....

We went out to the strawberry fields the next day to see if Steven was around. I looked out around some of the dead bushes.

"Pearl, I'm going to go look over here. I'll be right back." I said. She nodded. I walked over there. I looked over to a small group of trees, and I saw something strange glow. It was green. I summoned my fists. I creeped into the trees. The glow brightened as it moved. I got closer. I saw an apple green gem walking around. It was a Homeworld Helenite. They are scouts. That means, she could know where Steven is. Homeworld did send those fusion gems to shatter us. I got closer to her. She looked different than other Helenites. She had long green hair, all the way down to her ankles, and was as short as Peridot. I got closer and watched her.

I stepped on a twig.

"Huh? Who's there? I-I heard you! Show yourself!" She called. I came out of the bushes. She gasped.

"A-Are you a... gem?" She asked.

"A fusion. My name is Garnet."

"A Crystal Gem? Wow..." She mumbled.

"Are you alone?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I escaped from Homeworld world on a Homeworld ship." She said. I sighed. She isn't working for Homeworld. Good. We don't need the problem right now.

"Are you alone?" She asked.

"No. My friends are here with me." She looked around me. She didn't see anybody so she walked around me. Seconds later, she turned to face me, only to see Ruby and Sapphire.

"Hey, where did you come from? Oh, you're Garnet, just unfused. Hello." She said. Ruby nodded, acknowledging her. Sapphire waved. The Helenite smiled at the two. "Can you take me to your friends?" The  Helenite asked. The two nodded and fused.

"I will take you." I said. I peeked out of the trees. Pearl was setting a little blanket down with a basket of food for Connie. Amethyst huffed because there wasn't enough food for her. Pearl didn't pack Amethyst any. Peridot and Lapis were walking around, talking.

"Is this the Crystal gems? I thought Rose Quartz was with you." Helenite said. I sighed and told her everything from the dream to the corrupted gem taking him. "So, he can see the unavoidable future, unlike you because you are a fusion?" The Helenite asked.

"Yes. Let's not talk about about this. What's your name? I never asked you." I asked.

"Name? Oh! You mean dubbed! I was dubbed with Helenite. Unlike the others. They have human 'names' for earth because they are scouts. We scout earth. We were pink diamonds,I hated obeying her. I love Earth. That's why I left." Helenite said.

"Why do you have a gem name instead of a human name?" She looked down, ashamed when I asked that.

"Because I'm a defective gem. I was made in the kindergarten long ago, but the Diamonds hated me. But they still used me. Pink diamond kept me so I could scout around on Earth, but then then she got shattered by the Rose Quartz. I couldn't leave because since Pink diamond got shattered, White diamond imprisoned me. She was going to shatter me after a while, but I escaped. I've been wondering the Galaxy, but then I thought, what about Earth? So I came here and... well... here I am." Helenite explained

"How long have you been here?" I asked, curious about this little green gem.

"About an Earth month." She said. I looked to Pearl, who was still far off in the distance.

"Come along. Meet the rest of the group." I said. We walked in silence until we reached them. Pearl was facing the other way, talking to Amethyst, when Amethyst looked at Helenite. Pearl continued talking when she noticed Amethyst wasn't listening. She turned and gasped.

"Garnet! A Helenite scout! We have to poof her!" Pearl cried and summoned her spear. Peridot and Lapis growled.

"Wait! She's not with Homeworld! She fled to escape Homeworld." Pearl squinted.

"How do we know she's not lying?" Lapis asked.

"Because if I were lying, you would all be shattered by now from a surprise Homeworld gem attack. And that hasn't happened, has it?" Helenite said. She won the argument with Pearl. Pearl went silent.

"We are going to ask Helenite if she has seen Steven, okay, Pearl?" I asked. Pearl winced when I said 'Steven'. She was trying not to break down. She is extremely worried.

"What is Steven?" Helenite asked.

"You mean, who." Amethyst corrected.

"Okay, who is this Steven?" She asked again.

"He is a Quartz gem." Peridot said, beaming because of how tall Helenite was.

"I haven't seen any kind of gem out here." Helenite said. Pearl looked down to her feet, a tear rolling down her cheek. I stepped away from everybody and looked at one of the paths in the future... Oh... my...

"Pearl! I found something! Something about Steven!" I yelled. Pearl jumped up and ran over.

"What is it?" She asked. I kissed her forehead to show her.