DWC#3: Our Second Encounter

Chapter 3 – Our Second Encounter

  "Finally is this it? Are we going to end like this? Is it okay with you?" 

♪ Song: What Should I Do by Jisun 

~♡♡♡♡♡~

"JENNY..."

Joshua noticed that Jenny was taken aback when he finally uttered her name, making her realized that he was really there. He knew that Jenny couldn't believe that she's seeing him for real right there, especially that she had no idea that he's in LA already.

"Joshua... W-when did you—"

"I came back yesterday," Joshua answered, without even finishing what she was supposed to ask. He then turned his gaze at the guy beside Jenny, whom he assumed that he's the guy Vernon was talking about. "Who is he?" he asked Jenny suspiciously, turning his gaze back at her.

"Joshua, I wanted to tell you this morning but you were not answering my calls. He..." Joshua saw Jenny avoiding his gaze, guilt was painted on her face. She paused for a second before finally completing what she wanted to say. "He's the guy I like now."

"You like?" Joshua couldn't help but feel hurt at the same time mad with what she said. He's been fooling himself believing that Jenny won't do such thing to him. Even if he had the feeling that she's really cheating on him, he continued believing on her, only to end him broken.

Jenny nodded slowly with her bowed head. Joshua noticed that she couldn't even look at his eyes. "You've been away for a year." She then slowly lifted her head, meeting his eyes. "Do you think I can endure loving you without you by my side? When I needed you, where were you? I had no one starting the time that you moved to Seoul."

Joshua creased his forehead. He was not expecting for that reason. All this time, he knew that they were doing fine—that they could wait until they could be together. "But you were always keeping me updated of how you were doing. You were always telling me that you were fine. Why did not you tell me anything about your burden? I might have done something I could help. I thought we would share each other's burden?"

"Because I know that even if I told you what I was going through, you won't come back here." She answered. "I honestly tried to convince myself to wait for you but a part of me couldn't help to feel hopeless."

Joshua clenched his fist out of anger. He might be a soft and a gentle guy, but he's still a human to feel that way. "I trusted you, Jenny. How could you not trust me? Do you think it's also easy for me to be miles away from you? I've been missing you like crazy only to find out that you're losing your faith in me."

"Are you blaming me? Is it my fault to feel hopeless whenever I thought that I was just waiting for nothing?" Jenny asked, raising her voice.

"Jenny, stop it. You don't have to fight like this." The guy then interfered, trying to calm Jenny from starting pouring out her emotions. He put his hands on her shoulders, calming her down.

Jenny took the guy's hands off her shoulders as she looked at him, giving him a reassuring smile. "No Seungcheol. Since the three of us met by chance, I think this is the time to tell him." She then looked back at Joshua with her serious face. "You know that I don't have a good relationship with my parents, right? Those times that you were not here, I had no one to rely on... until Seungcheol..." she then looked at the guy she was referring beside her.