DWC#19: Giving Up

Chapter 19 Giving Up

"My sad heart and apparent scars
They won't disappear."

♪ Song: Scream by D.O ♪

~♡♡♡♡♡~

AS he felt a hand stroking his hair, Joshua slowly opened his eyes. It was a few seconds that his vision was blurry and as he was slowly getting his vision back to normal, he blinked twice. He saw Joely's face staring at him. Joshua could see the leaves of a tree in the background. He then realized that they were like in a meadow. He was lying on the ground while his head was resting on Joely's lap.

"Joely..." Joshua uttered in a weak voice. Joely faintly smiled in return. Tears were starting flowing from her eyes.

Joshua was in a fluster upon seeing her having a miserable expression. He lifted his hand in order to wipe her tears. But as soon as he touched her face, the bright atmosphere suddenly darkened. Joshua rose from lying as he noticed that Joely was not with him anymore.

The place was dark and Joshua continued on wondering around the vague ambient. He did not know where to go and where to find the missing Joely.

"Joely?" Joshua called.

Roaming his eyes around, a light appeared from nowhere. Joshua saw the silhouette of a person. He slowly walked towards that person and Joely's face was slowly revealed as he was getting near that person. "Joely?"

Nervousness crept his insides as he saw her giving him a grieving smile. "Goodbye, Joshua."

A shudder ran through Joshua as he saw Joely vanishing in a mist. He ran towards her but there's no Joely anymore. He howled, shouting her name in despair.

"JOELY!!!" Joshua wailed, panting heavily as the alarm of the clock jolted him awake. His heart was beating loudly. His body was trembling in fright.

Joshua's hands rubbed his face. He could feel the cold sweat as he wiped his palm all over his face. He tried to calm himself before he reached the clock on the bedside table and dismissed its alarm. He then stared at the picture of him and Joely as he put the clock beside it.

Still panting, Joshua shook his head. "That's only a dream, Joshua. Nothing will happen."

Joshua climbed off the bed and started prepping for schooling.

After Joshua and Jeonghan reported to the doctor regarding the sudden movement of the man's hand, the doctor informed them that it was a good sign that the man might wake up anytime soon. Joshua went back to LA after that. It's been a week since then.

While Joshua was eating his breakfast, he heard his phone rang. He immediately picked the phone up from the table and answered the call as he saw Jun's name on its screen. "Hello?"

"J-Joshua..." Jun called. Joshua suddenly felt nervous as he heard Jun calling him. He could feel the nervousness in its voice.

Joshua gulped. "Is there a problem, Jun?"

"Joshua... J-Joely's mom..."

"What about her? Did something happen?"