DWC#16: Missing You So Badly

Chapter 16 – Missing You So Badly

"I love you as much as you make my heart beat."

Song: Because Your Steps Are Slow by Shin Yong Jae

~♡♡♡♡♡~

"IS your class done?" Joely heard from the other line as she answered the phone call coming from Jun. She was currently putting her things inside her locker.

"Yeah. I'm here to the locker area."

"Is that so? I just went out from our classroom." Jun informed. "I'll be going there. Wait for me there, okay?"

"It's up to you."

Pulling the phone away from her ear, Joely saw her phone's wallpaper as she ended the call. The wallpaper was a picture of two hands holding each other. She stared at that wallpaper while a mirthless smile was plastered on her face.

"Joshua..."

"Oh! Again, Joely meet Joshua. Joshua, meet Joely." Jun introduced. Joely did not know how to face Joshua. It's been a year that she did not see him. She felt ashamed, knowing that she left him without saying anything.

Joely mentally calmed herself. After doing so, she slowly looked at Joshua. Her heart's beat was continuing pounding. Mixed emotions started to stir in her as she directly looked into his crescent moon eyes. She's happy to see him again, but a bigger part of her was hurting.

Disregarding the emotions she was having, Joely then flashed a small awkward smile. "Nice to meet you, J-Joshua." She then offered her hand to Joshua for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, too... Joely." Joshua said. Joely felt reluctance whether Joshua would utter her name or what. In the end, she heard that he did utter her name, but it was in a lower voice. She missed hearing her name from him.

She saw Joshua extending his arm towards her hand for the handshake. As she felt his hand holding hers, she realized more how much she was longing to hold his hand. She wanted to hug him tightly. She wanted to tell him how much she missed him.

Jun...

After she and Joshua shook hands, Joely immediately looked away as she thought of Jun. She tried her best not to meet Joshua's eyes. His eyes might carry her away.

She still remained her head down even when Joshua's friends came. She heard his friends telling Joshua to go home with them.

"W-we'll go ahead." She heard Joshua said.

"Bye, Joshua. See you again." Jun said.

Joely tried to look at him for the last time. She thought that it might be the last time to see him even though she knew that Joshua was taking his master's degree at the same university as hers. She thought that Joshua might hate her a lot, that he might plot going back to Seoul instead of seeing her.

As she laid her eyes on him, she mentally startled as she met Joshua's eyes that were directly looking at hers. She tried her best not to show her inner feelings. It was only a second that she noticed that Joshua averted his gaze from hers. She felt heavy by that. You must hate me now right, Joshua?