chapter 12

A few hours after dinner, Calum and Ashton lay outside. The glowing stars were such a contrast to the black backdrop, and they blazed like fire. The full moon gave off a gleam that let Ashton see Calum, and vice versa.

They'd been asking each other questions, though they've heard most of it before.

"College?" Calum inquired.

"Not really in the cards for me. You?" Ashton chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm going."

"Dreams?" Ashton asked.

Calum stared up, watching a particular star shimmer. "I want to teach music."

Ashton nodded, putting his arms behind his head. "Very noble of you,"

"Oh shut up." Calum laughed, nudging Ashton' shoulder with his arm. "You?"

"I.... I don't know. I guess I want to find somebody." Ashton shrugged.

Calum rolled over on his side, facing Ashton. He raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I guess I want to be in love. I want someone to love me the way I'll love him." Calum's heart was beating out of his chest. Ashton turned on his side, facing Calum.

Ashton's eyes flickered down to Calum's lips.

"Quite an intense dream." Calum whispered.

Ashton chuckled and nodded, curls bouncing over the bandana on his head.

Calum inched closer to the older boy, so close that when they breathed their chests touched. Calum stared at Ashton, waiting for something to happen. For him to reject Calum, most likely.

"Is it bad that I really want to kiss you?" Ashton asked with a breathy laugh.

Calum's breath hitched in his throat. "What's stopping you?"

Ashton's eyes widened slightly, before closing and leaning into Calum's. Their lips ghosted over each other's before the screen door slid open, revealing Ashton's mother. The boys instantly seperated, leaving feet of space between them.

"Who wants pie?" She shouted across the lawn smiling.

--

ahhhh so close but so far awayyyy

fucking pie

Vote/Comment/Share

-Katie