chapter 13

"Who wants pie?" Anne Marie cheerily shouted across the lawn. Calum and Ashton instantly detatched from their positions, reluctantly I should add, and Ashton began to speak.

"Mum, we don't want pie, now if you could le-"

"Actually I would really like some pie. What kind?" Anne's shoulders rose, and she strode across the backyard to give Calum his request.

"Peach. Now be a dear and make sure you take the fork in? Can't have it just laying out, can we!" She chuckled, cutting him a slice and placing it on the plate in his hands. Anne smiled and returned into the house, humming a little tune. (a/n: anne sounds so cute I)

"Gosh, your mom is nice." Calum complimented to a gobsmacked Ashton, before taking a bite and adding, "And one hell of a cook Jesus, Ashton, you have to try this."

"I have it on, like, a weekly basis, Calum." Ashton laughed, but not totally forgetting about their unfinished moment.

Calum finished his slice, and folded his hands in his lap. "So.. my mom should be expecting me back at the hotel right now. It's eleven." He laughed and stood, brushing his pants off, Ashton admiring his biceps.

"I'll walk you out. Want to go through the side gate?" Ashton stood too, shoulders slumping that Calum had to leave.

"Sure." Ashton took Calum's hand (ignoring the butterflies) and walked him to the side of the little yellow house, unlocking the oaken doors. He opened the door wide and watched Calum step through the gate, ready to walk away, but instead turned to the curly haired boy and spoke, still on the other side of the fence.

"Anyways... it was amazing meeting you, Ashton. I didn't dream it would go this well. It's kind of crazy meeting your best friend for the first time and you should tell your mom that I said than-" Calum rambled before he was cut off.

"Oh shut up." Ashton interrupted, pulling the front material of Calum's shirt to him, crashing their lips together. Calum melted into the kiss, his knees feeling weak (literally), and he deepened the simple kiss. Calum rested his fingers on Ashton's jaw, turning it sideways as he peppered the tender skin with kisses. Ashton gripped Calum's arm as he continued his wonderful assault to Ashton's neck.

Calum abruptly stopped, straightening the curly haired boy and himself, leaving Ashton with a quick kiss to his lips, the softness making Calum internally groan.

"I'll see you later." And with that, Calum shut the gate behind him.

Calum brushed his fingertips over his lips, still tasting Ashton's kiss. "That was sweeter than any pie." Calum chuckled to himself, walking away from Ashton's house.

--

Vote/Comment/Share

-Katie♡