alternate ending

{10 YEARS LATER}

"Calum! There are two crying babies in my arms and a hungry one in a high chair! I do not have arms here!" Ashton shouted from the kitchen.

Calum rolled his eyes at his overdramatic husband and replied from the living room. "I have my hands full at the moment!" Calum took the rattle and started to make the noise in his crying son's face. It's strange how the quadruplets cry almost at the same time. Except Jordan. She rarely cries (she's mostly hungry) and that's why Ashton always takes her.

"Uncle Mike and Luke to the rescue!" The front door swung open and Michael and Luke sauntered in. They immediately went to the kitchen and took the crying babies from Ashton.

"Who am I holding?" Luke asked, jiggling the baby up and down. He stopped screaming and focused on Luke's face, babbling incoherencies, because, well, it's a baby.

"Adam," Ashton pointed to the boy in Luke's arms, then to Michael's, "And that's Eli. Wait. Oh shit, where's Foster? CALUM PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE FOSTER?!" Ashton shouted, turning in circles.

"I have him! Jesus, calm down." He sighed from the living room and yawned.

"Why quadruplets?" Michael asked as Eli pulled on his finger.

"Seemed cute at the time. It's only been three months and I feel like I'm going insane." He grabbed the string bean baby food and sat on a stool, pulling it up to the high chair where his only daughter waited patiently.

He put one spoon in her mouth and Jordan spat it out on his shirt. He took a deep breath in order not to scream at an oblivious baby, so his face got red from frustration. Jordan started to laugh and pound her hands on the table.

"You have baby food..." Michael balanced Eli on one hip and motioned to Ashton's face, "Thereish."

"Thanks, I didn't know." Ashton spit sarcastically.

"When was the last time you slept?" Luke asked as Calum joined them in the kitchen, a sleeping Foster cradled in his arms.

"Like, two hours last night. We take shifts; one night I get up for everything and the next he does. Nice system." Calum whispered.

"Glad I don't have kids." Michael said.

"Whoop go us." Luke cheered.

"I'm gonna go get a clean shirt." Ashton said, setting the spoon down and walking up the carpeted stairs.

"Where is Matty?" Michael asked, sitting Eli down on a nearby baby swing. He gently pushed the swing back in forth making him giggle.

"Out with his girlfriend... oh what's her name?" Calum closed his eyes and opened them as he thought of the name, "Autumn! He's out with Autumn. Water park or something." Calum shrugged.

"I can't believe the kid is seventeen. Just yesterday he was carrying hot wheels and now he has a hottie and a set of actual wheels." Michael shook his head in reminiscence.

"That was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard you say, and that actually says something itself." Luke sat down on the stool in front of Jordan, replacing Ashton.

"This is crazy, Cal. Please tell me you aren't going to adopt anymore kids."

"Trust me, five is enough." Ashton answered bounding down the stairs.

"I don't know, I love kids. I wouldn't mind more. Though if we were to have more, I'd like a girl. Jordan needs a sister." Calum chimed in and looked at his daughter lovingly.

"You're just saying that because it was your turn to sleep last night. Let's just focus on these guys first, yeah?" Calum nodded in agreement.

"Okay," Calum leaned over the counter, Foster still sleeping peacefully in his hold, and pressed his lips to Ashton's. Luke and Michael made gagging noises, "I love you."

"I love you too. Now maybe Uncle Michael and Uncle Luke can take our children to the park? Calum and I have some business to attend to." Ashton winked at Calum and Luke looked at them, horrified.

"Oh my God, Michael, grab the kids, oh my God, we have to get out." Luke started scrambling around for baby bags and babies, and they were out the door in less than a minute, leaving Calum and Ashton alone.

"Shall we?" Ashton asked, gesturing to the stairwell.

"You got it." Calum laughed and sprinted to the stairs, Ashton in his wake.

--

Alternate ending yas

Vote/Comment/Share

-Katie