day 3

"Why did you stop writing to me?" Calum asked, staring at the ceiling.

Ashton's grip around Calum loosened.

"I don't know, Cal." Ashton answered, running a hand through his curly locks.

"You have to know why you stopped talking to me for a good two weeks. Best friends don't just ignore each other, Ashton."

"I don't know, Calum. Can we please just drop this and go back to bed?"

"No! Answer the question!" Calum demanded, getting flustered. He quickly shuffled away from Ashton, planting a seat at the bottom of the bed.

"It's none of your business,  Calum, so drop it!" Ashton sat up from his bed.

"I'm not going to drop this. I deserve to know why the guy who just took my virginity last night, ignored me!" Calum shouted.

"Why did you even bring this up? We were doing fine! Calum, it's not a big deal, please just stop." Ashton said, his tone quieting.

Calum opened his mouth to say something, but shut it. He stood up from the bed, slid on a pair of pants (that may or may not have been his) and opened the door.

"Where are you going?!" Ashton questioned.

"Oh, I'm just gonna pull an Ashton really quick. See ya in two weeks, asshole!" Calum answered abruptly, slamming Ashton's bedroom door.

Calum shot down the stairs, pulled the front door open, and squinted his eyes as the mid morning Australian sun hit his eyes.

"God, why couldn't I have just let it go?" Calum wondered aloud, kicking a rock from the sidewalk.

"I could've just let it go," Calum whispered, carrying on a conversation with himself, "Then I'd still be in his bed. Happy and okay. Now I'm just pissed off and unhappy."

He didn't know where he was walking. Straight ahead sounded nice. Maybe he would end up at a beach. Or a bar. Either one was okay at this point.

"Fuck!" He shouted, kicking a tree on the side of the sidewalk.

"I probably look like a twat, shirtless and in jeans, kicking innocent trees and screaming." He said, laughing slightly.

"Why didn't he come after me?" Calum wondered, biting his lip, "Maybe he doesn't want to date me. Maybe he wants me to cool off. Maybe he needs to cool off. Fuck, I hope he doesn't want to break up."

He didn't realize how hard he was concentrating until he felt the blood run down his chin.

"Fuck." He wiped the blood away with his forearm and continued walking God knows where.

"Should I go back? Apologize?" Calum glanced up at the sky and watched as a flock of birds flew in front of the sun, "No. I'm not going to apologize. If he found me once, he can do it again."

--

Vote/Comment/Share

-Katie♡