Chapter 12

Daisysplash woke up in the middle of a starry night field. Her heart raced as she didn't know where she was. She looked all around her until she spotted the black fur of Ravenstar. She shook her head in case she had imagined her.

Ravenstar mouth formed into a smile his teeth shiny brightly. He padded around Daisysplash for a few moment and said, "Half of the other cats in StarClan said I was crazy for choosing you, but I believe I have made the correct choice,"

Daisysplash tilted her head in confusion. What had the old leader of LeafClan want with her. She dipped her head in greetings. She didn't want to be rude to him, but was she dreaming?

Ravenstar smiled and said, "Daisysplash. You must go to the Twin Trunks tommorow and tell the cat from AmberClan this, 'Great Danger is coming to AmberClan. The plague will destroy all she-cats and only dark flowers can be the cure,'

Daisysplash was confused, why was Ravenstar telling her this? Why not the leader or maybe the medicine cat?

Ravenstar smiled and said, "All will be clear soon,"

Daisysplash then said, "What do you mean AmberClan's she-cats are being destroyed and what are dark flowers? Who's the cat I'm suppose to meet? Tomorrow night? Hey!"

Ravenstar was disappearing and smiling as if everything he just said was happy. She-cats were dying in AmberClan and StarClan wasn't doing anything about it!

She woke up quickly and saw that most of the cats were still asleep. She should probably wake up her apprentices. She padded over to the apprentice den and saw Jynxpaw sleeping peacefully.

"Jynxpaw! Wake up," Daisysplash said commandingly.

Jynxpaw sleepily woke up and said, "Wah?"

Daisysplash pawed Jynxpaw and says, "Prey doesn't sleep forever, let's go,"

Jynxpaw nodded and left the apprentices den. She pads over towards the territory. They make their way into the forest. The sun blinded Daisysplash. She pads over to a tree, and says, "How can you hunt a mouse?"

Jynxpaw sat down and said, "They can hear you before the see you. You have to step lightly on your haunches, their like rabbits, but rabbits you have to run after them. Mouse you wait till your close enough to pounce," she demonstrated it and did it pretty well.

Daisysplash nodded and said, "This will be your first hunting assignment, I will watch you from a secret area, do not come up to me or I may get rid of points or concentration,"

Jynxpaw nodded and started off towards somewhere. Daisysplash watched the young apprentice from the tree. Daisysplash started to wonder about her dream with Ravenstar, who was the cat she was suppose to meet? Was it a tom? Ravenstar didn't specify who she was meeting. Maybe the other cat knew who she was.

She's never been to the Twin Trunks, but she probably knew where it was. She's been near twin trunks before and guessed that was where it was.

She put her attention back on Jynxpaw who had just caught a squirrel. She mentally noted how big it was. Jynxpaw then missed another squirrel, but then she caught a cold.

Daisysplash sighed and heard hissing in the nearest bush.

"Jynxpaw! Snake! Run!" Daisysplash hissed.