Chapter 11

Daisysplash shook her head and glanced at her brother Fethercry with Talonswoop. She chuckled and padded over to them.

"Hey, we're gonna have more kits soon," Daisysplash said laughing.

Feathercry playfully pawed her muzzle and Daisysplash continued to laugh. Talonswoop rolled her eyes and purred at Feathercry.

Two kits, Hopekit and Jynxkit were also ready to become an apprentice. They were both she-cats. She wondered what they would choose, what role they'd want to become.

Quailstar padded out of his den the next morning and said, "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, come for a clan meeting,"

Most toms and some she-cats came out to see what was going to happen with these new apprentices. Jynxkit and Hopekit padded out of the nursery with their fur groomed nicely.

Quailstar smiled and said, "Jynxkit, Hopekit do you wish to take the role of a hunter? Or caretakers?"

Jynxkit smiled and said, "Hunter!"

Hopekit gave a soft smile and said, "Caretaker,"

Quailstar nodded and said, "From this moment on you'll be known as Jynxpaw and Hopepaw. Jynxpaw your mentor will be Daisysplash and Hopepaw your mentor will be Juniperblaze,"

Daisysplash padded up to her apprentice and touched noses with her. She had an apprentice, she couldn't believe she'd be having one.

Quailstar glanced at Daisysplash and said, "Only teach her hunting, that's the rule,"

Daisysplash nodded and took Jynxpaw out to hunt, she saw the excitement in the young apprentice's eyes. She smiled and decided to take her out to hunt. Daisysplash kinked her tail as a sign to follow her into the forest.

Jynxpaw obediently followed her out of the camp to the forest, Daisysplash sniffed around and asked, "What do you smell?"

Jynxpaw tasted the air and said, "Mouse, and squirrel,"

Daisysplash nodded and said, "Yes, that's correct, but there is also a pheasant nearby,"

Jynxpaw sniffed again and her eyes showed she smelt it as well.

Daisysplash raised her paw and said, "Show me a hunting crouch,"

Jynxpaw nodded and tried her best at a hunting crouch. Her paws were not balanced. If she leaped like that she'd land on her belly.

Daisysplash straightened out her paws and said, "That crouch won't land you on your belly right away, you need to make sure that your paws at your shoulders. Now leap at my tail,"

Jynxpaw nodded and leaped at her tail. She landed on it perfectly and Daisysplash purred in happiness.

"Good job, now let's go explore the territory for place to hunt," Daisysplash said.

Jynxpaw nodded and followed Daisysplash around the territory. She had to learn the territory herself. She learned the name of the places from listening to all kinds meetings Ravenstar and Gingerstar had.

After a while Daisysplash glanced at the sky and said, "It's turning dark we'd better head back,"

Jynxpaw nodded and she looked like her paws were going to fall off at any time. Daisysplash chuckled and lead her back to the camp.

When they were back at Feathercry padded up to her and smiled saying, "Juniperblaze is pregnant!"

Daisysplash's eyes widened and she said, "Wow! That's amazing. Icefur better be a good dad,"

Feathercry rolled his eyes and said, "He will be, he's already worrying about her all the time, he going to learn to not be in the nursery every second,"

Daisysplash laughed and said, "It's so good to talk again without worrying,"

Feathercry smiled and said, "Come on let's go to sleep. It's getting late."

They both went to the warriors den and went to sleep. That night felt like it went on forever, but Daisysplash was glad for the rest.