Into the Jungle

Two cats stood in a clearing on a clear, crisp night. One of the two had 3 little kits trailing after her.

"You said that you wanted to see them?" the she-cat asked.

The other cat's mew was gruff, "Yes. Why did you take so long to get here?"

The she-cat's voice was scornful, "You think it's easy to get 3 kits through the dirtplace? No! It is quite challenging."

"Of course. I was just worried." The tom mewed back. "Are these my daughters? They look beautiful!"

"Yes, they are yours. The gray one is Rainkit, and the white-and-gray one is Featherkit."

The tom stood by the third, a tiny she-cat with cream tabby fur that just happened to look just like her father's, "What about her?"

The she-cat looked amused as she looked at the tiny copy of her mate, "I want you to name her."

"Well, please tell her that her name is now Skykit."

"Skykit, what a great name. Yes my precious kit, your name is Skykit."

~~~~~•

Far above the two cats, two groups of starry figures walked down to greet each other. One of them, who had a faint EagleClan scent, walked up to the leader of the other group.

"Shiningbreath, it's been some time."

"I know, Deerfrost. I'm guessing that you summoned us to talk about Rain and Sky?" the other cat asked.

Another cat snorted, "The cats that will ruin the clans. It will be mainly Sky's fault."

"It is equally Rain's fault, Frostfang! Don't blame any one cat!" Shiningbreath hissed.

"Shiningbreath, sheathe your claws. I want no fighting tonight." said a new voice. All the cats looked up, and a few gasps and whispers of shock came up.

"Eagle. What a honor." Shiningbreath mewed, bowing her head.

" We are all equally responsible for what happened." another new voice spoke up from the other side. She was an almost faded beautiful she-cat with brown fur and yellow eyes. Eagle was a skinny white tom with amber eyes.

Deerfrost looked at the she-cat in surprise. "Jungle! What brings you here?"

Jungle didn't answer. Instead, she padded forward to stand with Eagle. Then she spoke.

"You foolish kittypets! You were warriors!" she hissed. Everyone was taken aback and she went on! "You are worried about their powers, are you not? Especially in Sky and Rain. But yet, you sit around and ask questions. Have you looked in the telling pool yet?" The cats looked around, suddenly feeling foolish.

Eagle touched Jungle's shoulder, "I'm as frustrated as you, but it's time we stepped in. We've tried to guide them, but they don't listen. Lets show them how it should be done." And with that, he ran to the telling pool. Suddenly, his fur fluffed up so that he was three times his size, and his eyes looked at something that no one else could see.

Jungle padded over, and saw what he saw, but she was able to speak.

"The time for knowledge has come close for Sky. A greater rift will form between Sky and Rain before the storm of shadows puts an end to it all."