Chapter 5

Rainkit waited for Skykit to emerge from the nursery. Featherkit would bring her out, and Rainkit would leap on her. Suddenly, Featherkit emerged, followed by Skykit. Skykit looked around as Rainkit jumped on her. Skykit bristled her fur as Rainkit landed on her back. Skykit went limp, and as Rainkit gave the light 'winning bite', Skykit leaped up without warning onto Rainkit.

"Hey!" Rainkit said, shocked. "I was supposed to win!"

Skykit laughed, "Change of plans!"

The sisters tumbled over in a heap of fur.

"Oww!" Rainkit suddenly screeched. Skykit got off as Rainkit yowled, "I have a thorn in my paw!"

"Come on, I'll take you to Moontail." Featherkit offered.

"While you do that, I'm going to the dirtplace." Skykit mewed.

Featherkit was already heading away with Rainkit as Skykit slipped out of camp through the dirtplace.

~~~~~~•

Skykit ran through the mountains to where the jungle smelled strongest. Soon, she smelled EagleClan and JungleClan mixed. The border!

~~~~~~•

"Thanks, Moontail!" Rainkit mewed over her shoulder.

Moontail called after her, "Rest for the rest of today, and if it hurts tomorrow get more herbs."

Rainkit flicked her tail, completely forgetting about Skykit.

~~~~~~•

Skykit crept through the JungleClan territory. Already, she felt more at home here than at the mountain. Suddenly, a blast of JungleClan scent came to her, and she saw a tiny figure stalking towards her. She crouched as a tiny JungleClan tom flung himself at where her head was just a heartbeat before. She turned around and saw that what she thought was a tiny scrap was stocky and powerful, only a little larger than her.

"I'm not here to hurt you, steal prey, or spy." Skykit mewed quickly.

The tom sniffed, "Then why are you here?"

"I don't belong in the mountains. I stick out like a sunflower in a patch of daisies." Skykit told him. "What's your name? Mine's Skykit!"

"I'm Orangekit. I'll be an apprentice in one moon."

Skykit gasped, "I know we just met and all but, when your an apprentice, could you propose that I join JungleClan?"

~~~~~~•

Rainkit woke to a wet pelt pressing up against her. She opened her eyes and smelled snow and a wet Skykit. Skykit must have gone to make dirt again, Rainkit thought as she slipped back into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Woo! I've written 3 chapters so far today! Please vote, comment, and point out grammar errors. I want the story to be perfect!!!