Chapter 19

Skypaw paced in the clearing, impatient to go to the gathering. Her scratches were almost healed, and she hadn't had the dream since.

"Ready to go?" Orangepaw asked.

Skypaw nodded. "I've been ready for moons!" Orangepaw snorted as they walked to the tunnel. Almost everyone who was going to the gathering was waiting at the entrance tunnel.

Stormstar and Sunhook came out, and the clan set out to the Peace Pond. Skypaw was anxious, not knowing weather Rainpaw had something to do with the dreams. She was sure that Rainpaw wouldn't hurt her at a gathering, but who knows.

Soon, the peace pond was in view. JungleClan was the first to arrive.

CliffClan came next, then LeafClan. Skypaw strained her neck to see of Flowerpaw was with them, but she found no sign of the golden apprentice.

Then, NightClan came, smelling of marshes. Skypaw saw no sign of EagleClan yet, but they might just be late. Skypaw moved closer to Orangepaw.

"Is EagleClan not coming?"

The second the words were out, a yowl split the air, and EagleClan came pouring down to the Peace Pond.

As Rabbitstar climbed her way up to the Great Birch, thunder boomed, and Skypaw frowned.

They'll need to start soon to finish before the storm, Skypaw thought.

The youngest leader, Briarstar, glanced up and mewed, "I will go first. LeafClan is doing well, despite the rain. We have a new warrior! Quailspirit is sitting vigil tonight. We have also lost an elder to greencough, Swiftwind, but no other cats have fallen ill." Briarstar sat back, and the NightClan leader, Shadowstar, stepped forward.

"The marshes have finally flooded, and the fishing has been good. We have two new apprentices, Wetpaw and Mudpaw! We also have a new warrior, Marshpelt! We will have no problem when the freezes come!"

Shadowstar stepped back and nodded to Sheerstar, the CliffClan leader. Skypaw saw a belligerent look on her face as she spoke.

"So, Shadowstar. I see that you haven't mentioned why the hunting was good. How does CliffClan prey taste, hmm?"

Shadowstar's eyes darkened angrily. "We haven't crossed the borders if that's what you think," he spat. "We have just enough prey in our own territory! We don't need to go around stealing prey then blaming it on the clan you stole it from!"

Sheerstar and Shadowstar bunched their muscles, about to spring when Skypaw saw something. A bolt of lightning striking the Great Birch, all leaders getting killed. Skypaw gasped as the vision faded, and she returned to reality.

~~~~~~•

Rainpaw watched the leaders argue with interest, then heard some thunder. As she looked up, she saw a vision. A great lightning bolt would hit the Great Birch. The leaders would be dead. Rainpaw gasped and she called out...

~~~~~•

"Get off the Great Birch!" Skypaw yowled. She heard another voice and saw Rainpaw saying the same thing. The leaders looked at the sisters with confused expressions as they both yowled, "Get off the Birch!"

Briarstar stepped forward and mewed, "Why? We don't need to leave unless StarClan covers the moon." No sooner than a heartbeat after the words were spoken, a dark storm cloud covered the moon, and more thunder sounded.

The leaders immediately leaped from the Birch, and when the last leader's paws hit the ground, thunder boomed and lightning crackled as it hit the Birch, making it burst into flames.

"Fire!" Someone called from the crowd! Cats started panicking when a light drizzle came down and put the flames out. Rabbitstar called out saying, "This gathering is over!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!

I'm SO SORRY that I didn't update sooner! If anyone is reading this book and thinking 'finally' comment down below saying 'finally'.

If anyone has stuck with this book for this long (19 chapters and one prologue, to be exact), YOU ROCK!

Anyway...

I didn't update because I wanted to read more than write, so that's what I did. Again, sorry.

Plus, I had no idea how to get the Great Birch down! I was stuck!

~Skylight