Dana's Outfit for "Burned"

This is Dana's outfit which she wore for the majority of the book spoken of above. As a nurse she is required to wear scrubs and comfortable-fitting shoes. Her hair was also in a ponytail, but I drew in a loose strand to show off her blue streak.

I WOULD have done her face, but after I finished it looked terrifying and surreal so I just opted to not do that part. I'm incredibly new to drawing on a tablet and am still learning how to share and all that jazz, so for now she will be faceless unless the base I am using happens to come with one.

I do use body bases, because like I said, I am still learning. Kind of like a little kid: I can color in the lines and do a little bit of deviation from said lines no problem, but I can't draw from scratch just yet.

Anyways, here is my finished product:

The color dots are the various shades I used to create this model

The color dots are the various shades I used to create this model. As you can see, some colors (such as green) aren't actually there; those are residual from when I tried to do her face.

Nursing scrubs come in all different colors and patterns; Dana just happens to have a nice red. Surgeons usually wear green because red supposedly "tires out their eyes," but as Dana isn't a surgeon she doesn't really care that she's a walking stop sign. They aren't modeled off of one specific design or brand, but I used several references at once to create an accurate scrub look that I wanted.

And yes, her hair is overly detailed, but I stopped before I went even MORE overboard trying to fix it. Some things you just have to let go.

Here is the base I used (found on Pinterest under "female oc bases):

I downsized the bust and (though you can't tell due to her shirt) widened the hips and waist a bit for a more natural-looking curve

I downsized the bust and (though you can't tell due to her shirt) widened the hips and waist a bit for a more natural-looking curve. I did design her body type off of mine a little: I personally weigh 145 lbs (on a good day xD ), but I'm 5'9", so while I'm decently sized I have smoothed over curves with "filled out" arms and legs. That's essentially what I was aiming for Dana to look like, though her arms could use a little more bulk, I think.

Regardless! This is the first of my "drawings." There are at least two more to come, and after that . . . eh, we'll see.

This probably took about 3 hours and 11 layers.