Legendary Lovers

Ya know, if I could animate, I would 100% make this into a music video instead of writing it out . . . however, since I can't do that, I'll just have to settle for this. But! I highly recommend you listen to the song beforehand, and see if you can see how I want everything to match up. ^_^ Also, this is not happening in any particular timeline. It is just a one-shot featuring Dana and Megatron. Thank you for reading!

>><<

"What do you think it is?"

Megatron picked up the relic container, the lid already open and its contents nearly spilling out. He glanced at Dana as she asked the question, his red optics softly lined with blue around his pupils. Wordlessly the former Decepticon turned the container upside-down, revealing a chipped stone, approximately the side of his palm.

"If I had to guess," he said, showing her the relic. "This may be the fabled Chimera Stone used by Micronus Prime . . . however, it is chipped, and the pod was already open."

"Do you think someone tampered with it?" Dana frowned through the glass of the Apex Armor.

"No. We just received the signal, and this crash site indicates it just fell from orbit. Perhaps it had been circulating around your planet before something finally knocked it out of space," he postulated, looking around. "Which means the missing piece should be around here. Hopefully."

Dana took a moment to get a good look at the color and texture of the Stone, nodding before the two of them parted ways, looking around the clearing for the missing piece. She wondered what the Chimera Stone actually did; it sounded like it could make things change shape, though that was not the exact definition of a Chimera. She supposed she would have to find out once they found the missing piece.

It did not take long, however, before a shining, jagged edge caught her attention. Picking it up Dana brushed the dirt off, flashing it in the sun before grinning. Surely this was it.

"Megatron, I think I found it!"

The Decepticon turned, unable to help but let a smile tug at the corner of his faceplates at her triumphant grin. Even with the bulky armor she bound over with surprising grace, pausing a few feet before him and holding out the chunk. It was large enough that she could have picked it up with a little effort as a human, but compared to the actual stone, it was a small piece.

He held out the main chunk for her to fit the piece into, a bright glow shining as they got close. The stone flared to life in response to its missing piece, their eyes widening in surprise as the little piece began glowing as well, almost too bright to look at. Dana yelped as she felt the piece wiggle and actually melt in her hand, Megatron hissing softly as the stone too began to become malleable.

"What is it doing?" Dana asked, squinting and trying to see.

"I was wrong," he admitted, grip tightening on the stone as it began to solidify again. "This isn't the Chimera stone, it's -"

Dana yelped as gunfire cut him off, a barrage of bullets ripping between them and forcing both to jerk back so they would not get hit. The glow of the stones died, reverting back to what they were before.

An army-green helicopter hovered into view, its guns trained on the pair. Megatron bared his teeth as a human hung out of the side, recognizing the pale features of the new MECH leader, the one who had been a thorn in their side for too long.

"Looks like we're not the only ones who got the signal," Dana said, recognizing Alpha as well, displeased. She turned as two more helicopters joined the first, trapping them in a triangle formation and threatening to gun them down. Instinctively she pressed her back against the former tyrant's, preparing to fight.