Expecting

I debated doing this because, when you think about it, its h*cka weird. But, I decided to write it and see how I felt after the fact. This is a "what if" scenario in which Dana truly is pregnant, and how that plays out for everyone involved. Techno-organics, traditionally, exist as a protoform that was exposed by organic lifeforms and thus took a form to blend in and protect itself (think: Loki of Asgard). So this is a very unconventional take on the subject and definitely has a lot of made-up science stuff behind it. 

Because of some implications and the unconventionality of it all I tried to approach this with grace. It's strange, unusual and really toes the line between what is okay and what is not. If any part of this makes you uncomfortable, just feel free to click away. It's certainly not for everyone. I would implore you to at least read the end (each "scene" is separated by >><< so skip to the last one of those) and tell me what you think about it. I actually really like it, not gonna lie!

AS A SIDE NOTE: Dana was seventeen when "Burned" began, however the timeline suggests that at least six or so months has passed by. I wish to clarify that this means she is mostly likely (and I will say she IS) eighteen when the events of "Gentle" occured. This places her as a legal adult and not a minor. 

Just so ya'll are aware, this is approximately 8,900 words. So not only will there probably be errors that I overlooked, but you've got a bit of reading ahead of you! 

Please enjoy!

>><<

"We received the hCG results and concluded that the first test was indeed correct. You are approximately three months along, and it is vital we monitor the fetus to ensure they are growing properly and were not damaged in the . . . accident."

Dana looked up at the ceiling, grimacing just a little as the cold ultrasound gel was slathered on her lower abdomen. If she squinted hard enough she could see the bump, though if she did not know any better she would have passed it off as bloating. It dawned on her that she had yet to miss a menstrual cycle, which was concerning in and of itself. And morning sickness . . . that she believed to be the flu.

Either I'm an idiot, or this is no normal pregnancy.

"Everything is looking good," the ultrasound technician announced, offering her a small smile. "I am picking up a heartbeat, and developmentally I would say the little one is just over three months. They appear healthy."

June sighed softly with relief, standing next to Dana with kind blue eyes. "How are you feeling?" She asked the young woman.

"I'm paralyzed," Dana replied bluntly. "And though it seems everything is in working order . . . will I be able to go into labor?"

The nurse paused, glancing over at the technician. She was in on understanding that the baby could possibly not be fully human, and if the baby proved to be more Cybertronian than organic . . . labor regardless would kill her. June realized the morbid scapegoat her paralysis provided.

"You will most likely have to have a C-section," she said, "given the labor could become very difficult."

Dana's mouth twisted just a little bit in displeasure, but then she shrugged and did her best to sit up. "I really can't remember if I preferred one over the other, so I guess it doesn't matter to me." She smiled ever so slightly, her eyes sparkling with the joke. The technician wiped off her abdomen before helping June help Dana back into her wheelchair.

"I would recommend visiting at least once a month to check the baby's progress," the technician suggested, "so if there is any problems we may catch it early."