chapter 5

CLINT'S P.O.V

I walked through the tower, on my way to the meeting room after talking with Fury. I haven't talked to the avengers yet, so that's what i was on my way to do.

through the whole day, I've been wondering about what Pietro said. did Winter recognize Pietro or did she really not remember her own brother? I found it hard to believe that she changed so much, from a sweet little girl to a hard core bad ass assassin.

it's been 10 years so i wouldn't blame her for not remembering her brother that well but how could she forget her brother completely?

something just isn't right with the situation.

It would NOT be fun, trying to capture winter. I know personally that assassins don't do well in closed cells. and they are very hard to track down.

"Jarvis, call a meeting for ALL avengers in the meeting room right now. it's important. tell them it's about the siren case." I say as i walk into the meeting room.

"of course, sir." said the robot voice with the accent.

honestly, for the life of me, i can't figure out what kind of accent that is or why a robot even has a voice. Tony is beyond insane i swear some times.

I sat in a chair as i waited for the avengers and tried to plan out exactly what to say.

maybe something like "hey guys, you know that dead assassin girl? ya well turns out she's still alive after playing tricks with our bloody minds and Fury wants us to find her before she leaves the god damned city. so how ya wanna do that?"

ya I don't think so.

the only one who'd take that seriously is Thor. and that's a best case.

slowly all the avengers piled in, including tony who did not look happy from being pulled away from his little toys.

"okay, what about the siren? I thought she was a pancake?" Tony asked, annoyed.

Natasha, who was beside him, punched his arm.

"OW! what the hell?" he accused, glaring at her.

"don't be insensitive! she was a kid." she said, giving him a glare of her own.

I inwardly groaned, I really hate being the one to talk at these meetings.

"ya, well that kid isn't dead." I said, causing everyone to look at me like I'm running around the tower with no head.

except Pietro, that is.

he just looked excited at the fact that his sister might be alive. Wanda on the other hand stayed silent which wasn't normal for her. I assume Pietro told her about winter.

"what the hell are you talking about?" Steve asked.

"the siren are the twin's little sister and Pietro told me about an ability she has that could've helped her fake her dead in order to leave the city and get us off her trail. she's able to create illusions and make them a reality. so Fury wants us to find and capture her and gave us a month to try and get her on our side. after that shield takes her." I said.

"I think i know where she might be."Pietro spoke up.

"when we were little, she loved the forest. she'd always go there to think and be alone or when she just wanted to sketch. she was very artistic. so I'm willing to bet that hasn't changed and she'll be hiding out in a forest until tonight at least. and I bet it's the one that isn't far from here." he said confidently.

"why the hell would she be that close. you'd have to be an idiot." Tony said.

"that's why she'd hide there. pure instinct. she knows no one in there right mind would hide that close to the enemy so we'd never bother to look there. she knows we wouldn't expect her to hide right under us so that's exactly what she's doing." Pietro said with a smirk.

"well you have me sold." I say, standing up.

the room mumbled agreements except Tony, his pride not allowing him to be wrong.

"fine, we'll check it out. but I'm telling you, there's no way she'll be there."

with that said, everyone left to prepare.