chapter 10

WINTER'S P.O.V

there was a buzzing in my head. a really loud buzzing. like something didn't want me to remember.

this superhero is claiming to be my brother.

Pietro. i remember my brother's name being Pietro but his eyes were different back then, i was sure of it. i thought my family was dead, i remember being told they were dead. but i don't remember by who.

my real name is winter maximoff. but I'm not ready to go by that. that girl is dead and there is only winter ivy now. shaking my head, i back away from the glass where both Clint and Pietro are looking at me.

"if you think this changes anything, it doesn't. you have no proof that you're my brother. i am still an assassin and you two are still goodie superheros who are in my way." i sneer, with my face going blank.

I'm an assassin and i have to be cut off from all emotion. it will do them well just as me to remember that.

"miss maximoff..." Barton starts but i cut him off.

"don't call me that. that girl is gone and has been for a long time. winter maximoff is dead. i am winter ivy." i say emotionless.

"win, please don't be like this." Pietro practically begs with hurt plain in his voice.

"i have no emotional connections. no family ties. i have never been close to any of my family and that will not change. you probably aren't even my brother. there is no way to know." i say with fact.

but anyone who knows what to look for could here the strain in my voice. like other assassins.  and considering Barton is one would explain why his eyes narrowed at me.

but i can't afford distractions.

then the Iron idiot came back in.

"Bruce is fine and doesn't remember leaving his lab but he now hold a grudge on our young prisoner in the bug jar." he said trying to joke what happened off.

i scowled as did everyone else still present in the room. which was me, Steve, Clint, Pietro and now Tony. i think that was his name.

"great. we just told the siren that Pietro was her brother and she doesn't believe him." Rogers said with annoyance.

all of a sudden my trickster side came back. it is just so fun to get on their nerves and so easy. a grin played at my lips.

"am i annoying you, captain? that was certainly not my intention." i pouted mockingly with a small smirk.

Barton stared at me.

"are you sure you don't have multiple personalities?" he asked sarcastically.

suddenly Tony burst into laughter.

"well, i like her. powerful and sassy. to bad you're under age." he said.

everyone in the room stared open mouthed at Tony except me. i smirked.

"that is too bad." i say sarcastically, loving the shocked looks I'm getting.

"although, i have never been one to follow rules." i say with a thoughtful expression, but my voice is mocking.

it's not like i haven't had this affect on men before. now Tony is looking at me with a shocked expression.

suddenly I'm laughing.

"people look at your faces. you just make it too easy." i say, mock wiping away tears.

then Tony is laughing again.

"you're good kid. i like you, and it's no wonder Barton here does too." he said, smirking at Clint.