chapter 7

WINTER'S P.O.V

why does the name Pietro Maximoff sound so damned familiar? the name is on the tip of my memory and it's not because he's an avenger.

Pietro put me down when we got in the avengers tower. he then held my hand like i really was 10 and it made me so uncomfortable. yet the gesture reminded me of my brother before i became distant.

i glanced down at my bracelet on my right wrist and started fiddling with it.

"you'll be safe here until we figure out what to do with you." Pietro said with a kind smile.

foolish avenger. if only he could see through my illusions. he wouldn't be so kind then.

"thank you," i said in a small voice.

I pulled off my sweater, now that i was 10, my crop top would look like a normal shirt for a 10 year old. that's good because it would arouse suspicion if a 10 year old wore a crop top.

he stared at my bruises and cuts but he didn't say anything. I smirked as he led me to a guest room. as soon as he left me alone i would bolt and leave new York.

he opened a door and we both stepped inside. that's when i noticed my illusion starting to ware off. DAMN IT!

why do my illusions have to be temporary? unless i make it a reality of course but i have no interest in becoming a 10 year old for real.

just a change in plans, I'd leave now and so be it if he discovered me.

"sir, can i have something to eat? I'm starving." I ask innocently with puppy eyes.

"sure kid, you got a name?" he asked as he headed for the door.

"Tammy Daniels." I say, giving him one of my fake names.

Tamara Daniels/Tammy is a girl I assassinated a while ago and i stole her identity if it was needed. she was the 15 year old daughter of a crime boss who double crossed me. he made me unhappy, refused to give me my money so as punishment I killed his daughter.

yes i could've killed him but that would've been to easy, death was too good for him. killing his daughter was a torture far more effective and he has never been the same.

which is why i have a heavy bounty on my head but no one is foolish enough to try and collect. now everyone knows to never double cross me. the girl seemed nice enough and she was young but i feel no regret for what i did. yes she didn't do anything to provoke my fury but this is the price she had to pay for the sins of her father.

I never feel any guilt or regret. i am completely cut off from my emotions, i have no humanity and it would do me good to remember that next time i come across the avengers.

it was a moment of weakness when i showed Barton mercy but it will never happen again. no mercy, just murder. that's how you survive, that's how i have survived.

next time i WILL finish the job and kill the avengers, I can't afford to get attached to Hawk guy. he is the enemy and next time i won't hesitate to kill him.

"nice to meet you Tammy, stay here and I'll get you something to eat." with that, Pietro walked away.

I only have another 20 minutes until my Illusion wears off.

I open the window for 2 reasons.

1: it's faster and a better chance of not being seen.

2:it's just plain fun even if it presents no challenge.

I create a tree right outside my window and i climb down with ease. as i start running away from the tower, i run into someone. they must of come out of the shadows.