chapter 9

CLINT'S P.O.V

that girl is so infuriating! she gives me riddles and then refuses to answer questions! and then there's Pietro who i am currently going to go talk to. he was hoping that this girl was his sister but that was just his wishful thinking.

winter ivy. that's the assassin's name. but what are the odds of both Pietro's sister and this girl being the same age and the same name? I don't think she was lying about her name, she seemed confused.

but assassins are very good liars and good at hiding emotions. if i didn't know what to look for i never would have seen the confusion.

she either doesn't remember her real name, she was lying or we really did mistake her for another person.

the latter seems more reasonable.

I knock on Pietro's door, really not wanting to tell him the bad news.

"she's not your sister." i say bluntly as i walk into his room when the door opens.

what the hell, Barton. this isn't funny." Pietro says as he closed the door and crossed his arms.

"I'm not joking. she said her name was winter ivy. your sister would have at least remembered her name."

"dude, seriously what are the odds of another girl having the same name, age and powers? my mom's name was Olivia Ivy. she must of took my mother's maiden name when she left so she couldn't be tracked down." he said with a frown.

"but could she really have forgotten her real name? she seemed really confused when i called her maximoff." i said with a lot of questions in my head.

"doubt it, unless something happened to make her forget. she was probably lying to you about her name." he said hopefully.

"the only way to know for sure is with a blood test." i say, sitting in a chair.

"bad idea, dude. she hates needles. she freaks out. she wasn't so young that she forgot what hydra did to me and Wanda. she may not remember where her fear comes from but she will freak out. the last time someone tried to give her a needle was a hydra agent that came while my father was out, about a month before she left. she flipped so much that she lost complete control of her powers and ended up killing him." he said, with a worried expression.

but i swore i saw the hint of a smile on his face as he remembered his sister.

"I warn you, if anyone tries to give her a needle, she won't care who you are. she is dangerous. i swear she has gone her whole life without a needle because of watching Hydra enhance me and Wanda's powers." he said with a shudder.

"so you're saying that hiding her powers saved her from that same thing?" i asked with pity.

"yes. it may have made our dad abuse her but it saved her from far worse." Pietro said.

all of a sudden, Steve crashed through the wall. he seemed fine, he didn't even look like he had been in a fight.

"what the hell?" we both shouted at the same time.

"the hulk is on a rampage! we have no idea why. he kicked me through the wall. can't you hear him?" Steve asked with an annoyed look.

"ya i hear him" Pietro said.

I strained to hear but i couldn't.

"are you sure, usually I'd hear him but right now i can't. and you don't even look hurt except for the fact you went through a wall. if the hulk kicked you, you'd at least have a few broken ribs." i said.

they both shared a look meaning they knew i was right.

"who's guarding the siren?" Steve asked sternly.