Accusations

Walking out of the press room, I sighed, thankful that the interview was over. The interviewer's last question loomed on my mind: Was I the sister of Joe Hart?

Ross stormed out of the press room after me and grabbed my arm before I could think about that question any more.

"What the hell was that Kendall?", he snarled, loosening his grip when he realised that I was in discomfort. "What was what?", I questioned, dumbfounded by his question. "The "especially him" part when you were talking. What even was that?!". "It was a joke?", I shot back at him. "I was merely trying to lighten the mood you've been in with me for the past few weeks. What's got into you?!"

"Like you care!", Ross spoke louder as frustration sunk in, "You're too busy shagging Gerard!". It shocked me that he had become so much more aggressive, but I was prepared to be just as angry towards him. "How stupid can one person get? There's nothing happening between me and Gerard! He persistently tries to flirt with me but incase you haven't noticed - which you obviously haven't - I've been trying to avoid him!"

Guilt covered his face as he came to the realisation that I was telling the truth. Anger still flickered around me whilst he stared down at the ground, before attempting to apologise. "Kendall, I honestly thought that-", he started before I cut him off. "Forget it Ross because I don't want to hear it. I can't believe you just jumped to your first presumption. But even if I was seeing Gerard, were you jealous or something?"

"Course not", he shrugged. I scoffed at this, turning and beginning to walk away. I could feel Ross's eyes burning into my back but ignored it as Gerard came into sight. He flashed his trademark smile and winked at me, before leaving through the exit doors.

I continued walking for a few moments, smiling to myself, before turning back to Ross, who was still watching me. "You know, all of a sudden, Gerard seems so much more attractive", I spoke cockily as his eyes replied with utter sorrow.

He followed me out of the stadium as we got onto the team bus to take us back to Merseyside. Before anyone could say anything, I stole the seat next to Tim Howard, so as to avoid any awkward situations. I also knew that he wouldn't bother me whilst I thought about the events ahead. When we arrived back, I would have to see my parents; I had to know about Joe.