An encounter

(The photo above is the lake)

On August 5th, 2017, me and my best friend had been hanging out and we decided to go around the lake. We have a lake that's by our house with a path that leads to a shady part by lots of woods. So it was around 11:30 pm because we wanted to beat the amount of steps we had gotten (don't question it) and so we were almost all the way around the lake when suddenly we see this car drive by and stop, right in front of where we were. It was a black car but I couldn't tell what brand or anything in the dark, we had turned our flashlights off. So the car stopped in front of where we were walking to and the person in the car was yelling to us. My only thought process was where the voice was coming from. The voice sounded like it was coming from a complete other direction and I'll tell you what I think they were yelling in a second. My friend started backing up and we bolted for it as they yelled something to us. We ran back the other way around the lake and we saw that black car slowly driving back in forth in front of the lake. So me and my best friend had heard completely different things on what we thought they said. My friend was backing up because she thought they said "hey do you wanna die?" But I thought they had said "hey do you wanna ride?". Whatever they said it was terrifying since it was almost midnight and we were complete strangers to whoever it was. I do know there were at least two people in the car.