Secrets

*Clarissa's POV*

My best friend was Harry Styles. Yes, I know what you're thinking. OMG IT'S HARRY STYLESSSSSSSSSSSS! Stop fangirling, God I hate it when girl's do that. He sent me a text one day. He asked me to come over, he needed to tell me something. I could never say no to him and I was thinking I'd pop by anyway.

"Hey Harry what did you want to talk to me about?"I said and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"There's probably something you should know about me Clarissa."He said."I'm not exactly human. I'm a, centaur."

I stared at him shocked that he thought I would believe such an obvious lie. A centaur, those things weren't real. He had to be joking.

"Harry, stop shitting me."I whined and he shook his head.

"I really wish I was shitting you right now. Trust me, I do."He said running his fingers through his chocolate brown curls. Anxious fear grew in his green eyes."What will the council say? I'm not supposed to tell anyone."He whispered to himself.

"OMG HARRY EDWARD STYLES!"I yelled."Unless you plan on proving your claim to be truth I suggest we move on to getting you some help with your strange illusions."He looked at me, reached under his shirt and ripped a brown leather pouch that hung on a plain black cord from around his neck. He threw it across the room. As soon as it let his hand he bent over groaning in pain. His hands gripped his knees his knuckles turning white. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Are you OK Harry, you're scaring me."I said his behaviour was worrying me tremendously.

"Don't."He moaned."I'm fine, just let me be."I backed away slowly as his legs began to shake and a tear squeezed out the corner of his eye. His legs morphed into something I'd never seen before. It was lengthening and he was growing taller, much taller. I wasn't sure what it was, but it soon dawned on me. When he straightened a look of relieve drawn across his face and wiped the tears from his eyes. I knew then that he hadn't been shitting me. Harry Styles was indeed a centaur.

*Harry's POV*

She stared at me. I wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or not. I looked nervously at her hoping this wasn't the worst idea I'd ever had in the history of my short life.

*Clarissa's POV*

The muscular dark brown body of a horse blended together with a human torso at the waist. I was staring at him but I couldn't believe it."Clarissa, are you OK?"He asked pulling the bottom of his white v-neck down. No, I really wasn't OK. I'd just watch my best friend turn into a centaur, which I didn't know existed until a few minutes ago. I was far from OK.

"Do the rest of them know?"I asked my voice shaking slightly and he shook his head.

"No, I'm not supposed to tell anyone. That was the first time I'd morphed in months. That's why it hurt so badly. It normally isn't quite that painful."

"So it's usually painful?"I asked and he looked at me."I'm going to take that as a yes."I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged.

"You would be right in your assumption."He said clip-clopping across the room and retrieving his little bag. He picked it up carefully by the cord."This is what keeps me human. A blend of different herbs mixed with a couple tail hairs and head hairs. Then it's boiled in some special water."He said."It keeps me from turning into a centaur. I can't maintain human form for long without it and we can't have me turning into this in front of fans now can we."I laughed. No, we couldn't have that.

"Do you still love me?"He asked giving me his innocent look.

"Of course."I replied."Just because you're half horse freak doesn't mean I'm going to stop loving you."I tweaked his nose and he kissed my cheek although the half horse thing made him so much taller than me, not that I was all that tall. Standing at 5 foot 3 he was far taller than I could ever hope to be. I could never stop loving him, he was the best friend a girl could ask for. He pulled me up onto him and I squealed as I landed with a hard thump straddling his back."Let's go for a ride."He said physically grabbing my arms and wrapping them around him."I've been dying to stretch my legs and I haven't had a rider in ages."

*Louis' POV*

How was I going to tell them all? Especially Harry, I couldn't bear the thought of him rejecting our friendship because he thought I was a freak. Panic clenched my chest making it almost impossible to breath. I am Louis Tomlinson and I'm a Merman. There's absolutely no shame in it but people made it out to be all girly and weird like that. Like it was something only a girl could be. How the hell did they think we reproduced? Whatever, I was perfectly fine with who and what I was. I was scared to do what I was about to do and I fiddled with the only thing keeping me from sprouting a tail every time I came in contact with water, my bracelet. My name was embroidered on the side and it had been soaked in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans then blessed and boiled in some herbs or something. I'm not exactly sure what happens. It kept me from going freak every 5 minutes. I was going to tell all the boys my secret. It was freaking me out. I called my Mum.

"Mum, I can't do this."I said when she picked up.

"Calm down Boobear."She said her tone smooth and even."You'll be fine."

"What if they think I'm a freak?"I asked the panic rising yet again into my chest and tightening around my lungs in a completely uncomfortable fashion."Honey, you're not a freak. Tall and proud Lou. They'll love you anyways in spite of what you are."She said and I sighed.

"You're right Mum."I said and she laughed.

"I always am Boo."

"Goodbye Mum."

"Goodbye Louis."I hung up feeling more confident but it didn't last long. I was nervous as hell. The last time I told someone it hadn't gone well. Oh here we go.

*flashback*

"Hey Georgie."A ten year old version of me said to a girl who's real name was Georgia."Wanna know why I can't go near water?"She nodded her blonde head and looked wide eyed at me. Blue pools of innocence stared at me sparkling at the prospects of knowing my secret. I took the bracelet that I still wear today off. Though it was much bigger on my wrist then. I dumped water on my head, sprouted a tail and spilled it all to her. She promised to keep my secret, but she didn't keep her promise. She told the entire school I was a freak in 9th grade. Sure she'd let it slip a couple times as we'd grown up but never like this. In the five years since I'd told her she'd been so careful and all it took was a change of scenery for her to spill MY secret to a group of barbies she barely knew. When I confronted her about it she just, ugh, we're not even going there.

*end of flashback*

I gathered them all up into the living room. Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Clarissa. I was going to do this and hope to God it didn't turn out like last time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love it? Hate it? Please tell but don't be too mean, I have feelings too.