Maid or Monster

*Clarissa’s POV*

"It was Zayn."I said as the line went dead.

"What did he say?"Niall asked his wings perking up and regaining a little bit of their lost sparkle. I sighed and relayed what Zayn had told me. All the while Harry was getting paler. His green eyes growing wider and wider until they almost popped out of his skull.

"Her name's Georgie."I said and Harry gasped.

"Georgie, are you sure Claire. Absolutely sure?"Harry asked grabbing me by the shoulders and turning me towards him. "I'm positive."He groaned throwing his pouch to the side, morphing to centaur form and collapsing on the floor.

"Not Georgie."He said."Anyone but her."

"Harry what are you talking about? Who's Georgie?"I asked lifting his head up and forcing him to look at me.

"It's Louis' ex-best friend."

*Louis' POV*

It still hurt even though it had been hours. That little bitch. I moaned in pain and Zayn glared at me.

"It can't possibly still hurt."He said."You're such a drama queen Lou."I looked up at the ceiling sighing.

"It still hurts Zayn."I said."Not because she pulled it out but because it's growing back in."He fell silent at that and nodded.

"I see."He whispered and I looked at the silver gleaming tail in front of me. Such a pain in the butt it was. I looked around for my bracelet but I couldn't find it. She probably took it with her when she came back for the cell phone. I was stuck like this until the scale grew back in anyway. I started to think back on what happened way back at the start of high school.

*flashback*

"Georgie,I need to talk to you."I said and she turned towards me a big smile lighting up her face.

"Louis,I have so much to tell you."She said throwing her arms around my neck almost setting me off balance.

"You can after we talk about my, secret."I said and she nodded. We walked to my house and I jumped in the pool immediately. She sat by the side doing homework.

"So what did you want to talk about that involved your secret?"She asked chewing on her bottom lip. She always did that when she was thinking.

"I want to be level with you before we talk about it."I said swimming towards her and putting my arms and chin on the side of the pool. She lay down on her stomach resting her chin on her hands. Staring into her eyes I asked the daunting question.

"Did you tell anyone that I was merman?"I asked and she looked away.

"I did tell that one girl but she promised she wouldn't tell anyone else."She said and I scoffed.

"People just don't keep stuff like that to themselves."I said and she looked hurt."Georgie,I'm sorry but it wasn't your secret to tell. It's not you they'd cart away to be experimented on."She sat up and turned her back to me. I sighed.

"I just don't want you to get hurt Georgie."I said."I don't think you understand what would happen if the council found out I told you, a human, that I was a merman. Not only would they probably imprison me for life but they'd do horrible things to you."She slumped slightly and turned back.

"Louis, what you are is so beautiful and amazing I just wanted other people to see it too."Georgie said and I sighed. She laid back down on her stomach and put her hands on top of mine.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again."She said and I believed her. She would do it again and I would pay the price. The council found out and they went easy because I was young. No time, there was just a warning. I was lucky. There were a couple counselors who wanted me punished but the remaining out voted them. Georgie stopped talking to me after that. I never could figure out why.