Real Love

*Jason's POV*

After two weeks, I left the hospital once again with Ava by my side.

"Please Jason, don't do anything that will put you in the hospital again." Ava pleaded when we arrived at home.

"I won't, I swear." I laughed.

We entered our house and took a seat in the living room.

I picked up the T.V. remote, and turned on the T.V.

I pretended to watch it, glancing from the side of my eyes to see a disappointed Ava looking at me.

"I'm just kidding baby." I chuckled, climbing on top of her.

She giggled and swooned as I kissed her all over her face and neck.

"This is the Jason you deserve." I whispered.

"And the Jason that I'll love forever." She responded.

We stayed on that couch kissing and flirting with each other for ages, until I stopped and sat beside her.

"Is something wrong?" She questioned, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"It's just...I'm truly sorry for everything I've done to you. I've  put you through so much, I was never there for you like I promised. I know, all these apologies don't mean anything to you, but they're my only way to tell you how much I regret what I did to you. I'd never stop apologizing if it means that you'll forgive me."

"Jason..." She breathed, looking at me.

"I've already forgiven you. I understand how much you regret causing my pain, but you don't have to keep yourself depressed because of it. I love you Jason. Everything you've done may not have been perfect, but that won't change how much I care about you."

She kissed me passionately before I could say anything else to her.

"I love you too Ava." I whispered.
-
Later that day, we went to the beach and took a walk together.

I cringed at the scars and bruises all over Ava, knowing that they were because of me.

"The view is so amazing." Ava gushed.

"Thank you for taking me here Jason."

"Anything for you babe. But although you think the view is amazing, I think you're even better." I complimented her.

"Stop flattering me." She smiled, blushing profusely.

"It's true." I laughed.

She pecked me on the lips, and we sat on top of a sandy dune together.

"Why don't we build a sand castle?" She suggested.

"Good idea." I agreed.

So, for the next hour we worked as a team to build a rather impressive sand castle.

"This is pretty good." Ava commented, marveling at the masterpiece before us.

"Yeah," I said, taking her hand into mine.

"It is."

Our eyes connected, and I pounced on top of her, kissing her intensely.

We rolled down the dune, stopping just before the water's edge.

We laughed in unison and stared at the sunset for a while.

"Today was great thanks to you." Ava smiled.

"That's my job princess, to make you happy." I said.

"And you certainly did that well." She affirmed.

I chuckled and embraced her tightly.

"I love you Jason." She whispered.

"I love you too Ava." I grinned at her.

"And I promise that I'll treat you like a queen from now on. I'll protect you from everything harmful, and will give you nothing but the best. I may have messed up badly in the past, and there's nothing I can do to fix that. But I can always create a better future for us, and that's exactly what I'll do. I'm your king from now on. Because I love you Ava, and for once, I'm going to treat you like it."

That's the end of this book :)
I hope you enjoyed it!