Broken Man

Jason's pov

It's been a year and I never truly recovered. The love of my life just left me for another man. Now, I'm lost.
I tried to divert all my energy on work so I can forget her which worked. But at the end of the day, I'm left here in our house, alone and broken.

~flashback~

It was a beautiful morning. Everything is according to plan. I told Bella to meet me at Central park. At the place where we had our first date as lovers.
I'm so excited to start my life with her.

She sent a text to say that she's going to be late. But I said that it's okay I'll wait for her.

I sat at the bench watching little children throw dried leaves at each other. I felt a slight chill as the cold wind blew. Well, fall is about to end and not long winter is about to start. Though it has not started snowing yet.

I got bored sitting so I decided to walk around. When I got at one part of the park, I saw a familiar figure.

She's here.

I decided to walk towards her when I saw that scene...

"Are you sure you're breaking up with him? He seems like a nice guy Bella?" A man in a business suit asked her.

"He's just a boytoy honey. There's nothing special about him. It's you that I want" she said.

Everything seemed blurry to me. I felt betrayed, worst used. But I can't move to confront them. I want to punch the guy for stealing my girl. But I don't understand why I just stood there and did nothing.

I did not meet her and broke up with her through a call. She said okay and that she is relieved.

God! She's relieved! Doesn't she even valued the four years we were together? Am I the only one serious?
It hurts...

~end of flashback

When Monica learned what happened, she retaliated for me. I don't want doing anything against Bella but she said that what she got to do has nothing to do with what she did to me.

Monica told their agency some of the illegal dealings that Bella is into and of course the escort service.
I didn't know that Bella is doing that. I've been blind. I never thought that I'm just being used and she's just a gold digger.

Bella was terminated from the agency. But as crazy in love with her as I am, I paid the media to shut up about this. Well, even if she would not come back to me, I can always say that I saved her ass.

I know that after what happened, I should be forgetting her but I just cant help it. I still follow her around and keep track of her activities. What hurts the most is that she kept whoring around men. Using them like they are toys. It hurts that I'm one of those toys.

Now, I'm left here broken. I dont even know why I'm still long for that girl. I have to stand up. But how?

"Are you going to stay here in this house and sulk? That whore doesn't even deserve this!" Sigaw ni Monica.

I know she's just concern about me. Ever since she became part of our family, she always look after my back. But what Bella did to me really gave a big blow to my ego and confidence. I know I should not let someone pull me down like this. I'm beyond this.

"Don't worry about me Nica. I'm okay" I told her.

"You don't look okay brother. And that person doesn't even deserve your depression. Okay, I get it . You were serious about her. But you have to move on. Don't let that wench win.
Uggh! Makakalbo ko talaga ang babaeng iyon!"

I smiled at Monica. You know if she's really mad she starts spurting tagalog words at you. Good thing I understand.

"Hey, calm down Nica. Your wrinkles might get noticed." I chuckled as she tried to control her anger.

Good thing my sister is my bestfriend. She really goes on rampage when it comes to me and her friends.

"Stop laughing Jason! You're the one who's a mess right now and not me!" And then she stormed out of my apartment.

Thank you Sis.

I was silently checking on my e-mails when my phone rang. Who could be calling at this time?

"Yo, Jason. It's Nate."

Ah, Nate Valle. He's my sister's friend but we also became one since we've been in some businesses together.

"I'm getting married Bro. Punta ka."

"Talaga?" I asked

"Oo nga Bro. Sa wakas."

So finally they are tying the knot. Nate being with Cate is long overdue. ButvI understand the struggle they went through. Specially with Cate's condition. I'm happy that at last they found a good end to this.

This could be the distraction I need. Well, it's been 2 years since I last visited Philippines. And it's been 2 years since I saw my friends there.
And I wonder what happened to her. The girl on the club my sister introduced to me but rejected my friendship too.

"Nice. Isa ka sa groomsmen. Partner mo si Abby."

A smile was formed on my lips. Yeah, Abby, her, the one that I was wondering about. It's been 2 years since that night that I saw her. If I'm not in a relationship with Bella I could have went for her.

"Ok Bro. So when is the big day?" I asked Nate.

"Next month. But if I were you agahan mo para makapasyal ka."

Going to the Philippines for a getaway sounds like a nice idea. I might go to Palawan a week before the wedding.

"Okay. I'll clear my schedule Bro."

"Oks. See you Jason"

We ended the call. I hope this is the escape that I need. Now I can't wait...