Ch10 - Safe

"Dark!? What are you doing?" I ask as he pushes us outside.

Once out Anti turns to him. "The fook was that for?"

"I saw what that guy did to you, (YN) and I saw the nice wallop you gave him. He was not happy about that at all." Dark says.

"Wait, what?" Anti asks.

"You know how some people are, he grabbed her butt, and she punched him." Dark chuckles. "Obviously wasn't expecting it."

"And what does this have to do with out dragging us out?" Anti asks.

Dark sighs. "I don't know the guy, all I know is that he is a regular here, and not so nice. And it don't help that he has his own gang or whatever you'd call them." He pauses before going on. "I happen to be in earshot when he was talking to his friends about what you did. He is pissed big time, and drunk... They were planning on jumping you."

"Oh fuck..." I whisper. "Thanks." I tell him. Dark smiles and shrugs.

Anti runs a hand through his hair. "I knew we shouldn't have come...I need to listen better..."

"Your fine-" I start to say, but the door swings open.

Dark steps in front of Anti and me, as the guy and four others come out.

The drunken guy chuckles. "What do we have here? Body guards?"

"Fuck off." Dark tells them.

"Why?" Another one slurs. He steps around and looks at me. "She is pretty." He smirks.

"Anti..." I squeak, and grab his hand.

He puts a protective arm around me."Guys, back off." He growls.

The first guy laughs again. "What are you gonna do with four of us and...two of you?" He points towards us.

Then slight chaos begins.

"(YN)! Run!" Anti yells, pushing me away as they try to tackle him.

I turn to run but my arm is grasped. Spinning around I kick one of the guys below the belt, sending him moaning in pain to the ground. Then take off again.

I'm glad I'm not the type to wear dressy shoes. My high tops are a lot easier to run in. The only sound I hear are the pounding of my feet on the sidewalk, and the slowly fading sounds of the tussle behind me.

I risk a quick glance behind me just as Anti is punched in the face. Dark seemed to have knocked the first guy out. Then another starts to run after me, but Anti trips him. I turn back around and continue run.

Where? I'm not sure. But as I pass 'The Next Corner' I whip open the door and duck inside.

The lady at the desk was surprised at my entrance. "Are you OK?" She asks me.

I put a finger up to my lips and duck behind the desk next to her and point to the door.

"What are you doing?" He exclaims looking at the door.

One of the guys walk past, then turns back and comes in. I shrink back under the counter. The lady plays along perfectly.

"Hello sir, you need a table?" She asks.

"Ah...no..." He leans on the counter. "I... was wondering.. if you saw a girl... run in here?" He slurs.

"No, but I saw someone run past outside." She tells him.

"You sure?" He asks.

"No, I don't see if it was a girl or not. But I saw someone run past." She says, pointing toward the door.

"OK..." He says and goes back outside.

Once gone she crouches down next to me. "Who was that? And are you OK?"

"I don't know who it was. Yea...I'm OK.." I sigh, and relax a bit trying to catch my breath.

"What happened? Did he do anything?" She asks.

"No...not ...yet. I was down at the club..."

"Ha...I can guess the rest I think...you were alone and he is a drunken asshole?"

"Almost right. I was with someone. But one of them didn't know that when he decided to touch me. He didn't expect a punch."

"One of them? There are more?" Her eyes widen.

"Four..." I say.

"And where is the person you were with-"

Someone comes in, so she grabs some papers from a shelf and places them on the counter, as if that was what she had been doing.

"Good evening, sir."

"Did a girl come in a bit ago?" It was Anti.

"No-

I jump up. "Yea, I'm here." Then I stop and stare at him. "Oh, Anti!?"  He has a black eye, and a busted lip. His knuckles have blood on them too.

He smiles. "I'm OK."

I gently hold his hands up. "You don't look so good!"

"So you two are together?" The lady asks.

"Yea. Where is the restroom?"

"Just around the corner to the left." She smiles.

"Thanks." I pull Anti with me. "Oh! Where is Dark?!" I exclaim.

"Outside." Anti tells me.

I run to the door. "Dark?" I see him leaning against the building.

He stands up and looks at me. "Oh good, your safe." He smiles, then wipes his hand across his mouth, smearing blood with it. "Ugh..."

"Get in here." I say, grabbing his arm.

"Why?"

The lady steps out from behind the counter holding a first aid box, and hands it to me.

"Thanks." I tell her and push the two guys to the restroom. "In ya go you two."

I grab some paper towel and soak it. "What happens to the others?" I ask as I gently dab at Anti's cheek.

Dark steps to the sink and splashes water over his face, and everything else.

"Um...two may still be on the ground...and the other two, I don't know." Anti says, grimacing as I touch a cut. "Ouch..."

"Sorry." I smile. "My goodness...Dark... When did the hurricane come in?" I say, looking at the sink. Water was everywhere. "Not sure I'd like to see your house..." I giggle.

"Hay, its not that bad..." He says grabbing a was of paper towels and slopping up the mess.