[20] I Know, Peter

*Peter's POV*

After dropping off (y/n), I went the other direction and told Happy where to meet me. Mr. Stark needed to see me again and I don't know the reason why. I just hope it's nothing more about what happened on the bridge.

In a few minutes while I sat at a bus bench, Happy's car drove in front of me. I got in the passenger seat.

"What is it this time?" Happy asks in an exasperated tone while turning to me with his sunglasses. I shrug throwing my backpack in the back seat. "Probably nothing." I looked out the window.

*time skip*

I sat in same chair I was in before in Mr. Stark's big office. I sat back, my hands on my lap waiting for what Mr. Stark has to say. For some reason, something felt odd, like maybe I'm here for something other than becoming an avenger.

Oh and there's that. I've been trying to prove myself. It's almost there, though; I can feel it.

"Peter!" I hear Mr. Stark's voice. He makes his way in front of me. "Hey, Mr. Stark." I sit up in the chair.

"Alright. Serious business that probably has nothing to do with business." He says sitting down his big cushioned chair. I sat forward, my elbows on my knees.

Mr. Stark sat back with a hand on his desk, his index finger tapping on the polished wood.

"So you have a girlfriend?" His eyebrow goes up. Both of my eyebrows go up. My mouth gapes open, but I can't find a word to speak.

"I–uh.." I stutter sitting up, my left hand replacing my elbow only knee. "Yeah..?"

'Should he know? But why does he know?'

Mr. Stark showed a half smile. Another part of his expression seemed sketchy.

"And I guess she's the one you saved that one day?" Mr. Stark took back his hand from the desk. I sat back totally defeated. I moved my eyes away from his, blinking rapidly, and started at my hands on my lap.

"Yeah." I answer quietly. Still, how does he know?

"You know I put a camera on your suit." Mr. Stark mentions turning a little in his chair. I look up at him. "That's why I came to you on the bridge. The first time with Blind White– Blind Light–whatever the name is... I wasn't watching through the suit so there's that."

Mr. Stark sits back explaining himself. I only listen with carefulness, some worry waving over me knowing that he's literally watching my every move.

"But Mr. Stark, how do you know she's my girlfriend?" I then ask. Mr. Stark's head leaned to the other side. "When I asked you earlier you said 'yes'." I move my eyes up thinking about how I fell for that tactic. "And I put the pieces together when we talked the last time and you were almost defending yourself about saving her, so..." Mr. Stark shrugged with a face as if he solved a puzzle. I huffed eyeing him down.

"Is this why you called me in?" I asked a follow up question. Mr. Stark shook his head slightly. "Yes and no."

"The other thing I wanted to say is, does she knowing you're the spider-ling?" I lowkey rolled my eyes at the name, but I shook my head. "N-no, sir." I looked away.

"You're not planning on telling her, right?" Mr. Stark then added. I lifted my eyes to him. He had a 'you-better-not' look on his face. "Because if you do, you know the danger she'll be in." Mr. Stark sits up again folding his hands on top of the desk. I didn't say anything, I couldn't.

"I know." I replied rather coldly. I want to tell (y/n) because she doesn't deserve to be with me if she doesn't know why I'm struggling to be with her, but Mr. Stark is making me second guess.

"You're young, Peter. You're in high school and you have a girlfriend. On top of that, you're on your way onto becoming an avenger!" Mr. Stark then stood up moving to the side of his desk, his thigh leaning against it. I looked up at him still sitting down.

"The last thing I want for you is to be heartbroken because of this superhero thing." I feel his hand on my shoulder. I look away again, moving my eyes to the ground.

"I would like for you to work with us, but I'm not always Ironman. I'm also Tony and, pushing my ego aside,"

I laugh a little by breathing through my nose a little harder.

"I don't want you to get hurt."

I look up at Mr. Stark with furrowed eyebrows and one higher than the other because if I were to become an avenger, I would get hurt regardless.

"Okay bad example." Mr. Stark pats my shoulder, indicating me to stand up.

"What I mean is that I don't want your superhero life to ruin your personal one just because you have this secret." Mr. Stark sighed walking me out his office. I walked with him since he had a hand on my back. I nodded.

"I get it, Mr. Stark. It's just," I paused for a moment. "I don't want to ruin what I have with my girlfriend because I never told her in the first place." Mr. Stark looked at me this time and I continued. "It's been hard keeping up being with her and this whole avenger thing. It's even harder when she doesn't know I'm the one who saved her that day."

Mr. Stark pats my back once we made it to the car Happy used. Happy was already sitting in the driver's seat. "Well, whatever you decide. It's not my life, but yours. You just need to know the consequences."

I nodded before pulling the door handle, but Mr. Stark interrupted me. "Don't forget about your training with Natasha on Saturday!"

I nodded again thanking Mr. Stark. Then I took the passenger seat in the car, slamming the door next to me.

Mr. Stark is like a father figure to me...

— ♡ —

Tony knooowwssss. And now Peter has a dilemma oooo

Remember to leave a comment or vote!!

[ August 9, 2017 ]