[34] Over the City Lights

*Your POV*

It was a Sunday evening and you were outside on your balcony. You listened to the streets and felt the cool air blow against your skin. Your hair was dancing with the wind as well and this moment felt peaceful.

But then that peace was broken when you heard the distant sounds of webs being slung. You sighed as you looked up on the open street, maybe trying to find who you think it was.

You were looking into the main road when you heard metal screeches from the table and chair behind you. You turned around sharply and your heart almost exploded when you saw Spider Man casually sitting in the chair.

You stared at Spider Man, or Peter, and he stared back through his mask. There weren't any words until he spoke up.

"Are we not gonna talk again and just have a staring contest?" You heard Peter's voice.

You remembered when Peter said something similar like that. It was when you two started to become a thing, which was a long time ago.

"I have nothing to say." You shrug nonchalantly, turning back to the railings of your balcony. "I think you have a lot to say. You just can't find what to say first."

Then you felt a hand on your bicep. Turning to the man next to you, you looked up at his face.

"Can I take you somewhere? I want to tell you something, but not here." Peter's voice came through the mask again. He sounded a little nervous. You looked at him, thinking about your decision.

"You know I'm scared of heights." You pointed out. Peter nodded. "Yeah I know. But you don't always have to look down."

Now fully turning to Peter, you kept thinking.

"But what about my parents?" You weren't trying to find a reason to not go with Peter, but you were thinking about what could happen if you did.

"It'll be quick." Peter tugged at your forearm. Giving out a breath, you finally nodded.

"Just don't swing so recklessly like last time." You chuckled, remembering how he brought you home the first time. "I won't."

*time skip*

With your eyes still shut, Peter finally stopped moving. You felt the ground below you and it sounded like you were stepping on grass. You opened your eyes and you were met with an unmasked Spider Man. His hair was somehow perfect from removing the mask. Peter softly smiled down at you as he took his arm away from your waist.

"Where are we?" You turn around and your answer was given to you.

You two were on a hill that overlooked the city of New York. The sun was also setting which allowed colors of orange, salmon, and pink to paint the sky. The view was breathtaking.

"Oh my god it's gorgeous." You gasp as you looked at the scenery before you. Peter walked up next to you, standing fairly close.

"You are, too."

You looked at Peter with raised eyebrows. He only gave a childish grin and you smiled at his compliment.

"Why did you take me up here?" You finally ask. Peter took his bottom lip in between his teeth, taking a couple moments to gather what he needed to say.

Then he took both of your hands and held it in his red-gloved ones. You felt him squeeze your palms.

"I want to say that I love you." He spits out. Your eyes look up at him, but they're saying that you already knew that. "I love you too, Peter." You reply in a more quiet voice.