[Prologue]

"Ready for tomorrow?"

Your mom's voice comes from behind you where your door should be. A small grin comes upon your face as you turn around to her.

"I guess." You shrug sadly. Your mom saw the body language.

"Aw, honey I know this is a huge change, but we can't just keep up with the other school."

Your head bowed to the ground as a wave of sadness washed over you.

"I understand." You whisper. Your mom took a step into your room, approaching your body and giving it a big hug.

You hugged back, giggling as your mom swayed you both side to side.

"Your father and I both love you and we want the best for you. In circumstances like these, money won't show mercy." Your mom petted the back of your head, holding you to her chest as if you were nine years old again.

"It's okay, mom." You pulled away from her a little. "I gotta get ready for tomorrow."

Your mom nods, giving you a quick kiss on the head and a smile. She then exited your room, quietly closing the door along the way.

You took in a big breath and turned to your bed again. You looked at the outfit you planned to wear tomorrow and picked up the clothing items, setting them on your desk that was against a wall of your bedroom.

Then you followed your nighttime routine. You walked into your bathroom, cleaned up, threw on your pajamas, and went back into your room to get some sleep.

Wrapping your blanket around your body, you waited for sleep to take over. Before it did, you had so many thoughts swimming in your head.

'Where do I go?'

'Who will I see?'

'Will I make friends?'

But there was one question that had you wondering.

'How will my life change after tonight?'

— ♡ —

Remember to leave a comment or vote!!