Chapter seventeen: It Wasn't Supposed To End Like This

(A/N: This entire chapter will be in the third person's point of view!!)

Adrien narrowed his eyes more before finally seeing through the man's disguise.

"You're a fake..." He said, starting to walk closer to the villain.

"What.. what are you talking about?"

"My Father would never say that, he knows that my Mother loved me dearly. He wouldn't intentionally hurt me just for his own gain. Who exactly are you?" Adrien stood at least two feet in front of the impostor, his breathing ragged and short.

A smirk crawled onto the other's face as his plan came out.

"Smart boy, I really didn't think you could catch on. You're so intrigued by that brat over there I thought you would miss is completely." Adrien and Marinette watched as the once giant Hawkmoth slowly deteriorated in front of them, revealing the obnoxious blonde, Samantha.

"W-what?!" Adrien's eyes widened and he took a step back.

"Adrikins! You found out finally!" She ran towards the boy and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"H-hey!" Marinette quickly stood up and started to walk over, her blood beginning to boil at the sight of her.

Without a second thought, a flash of purple shot out of Samantha's hand, causing Marinette to fall down, curling into a ball from the unexpected pain. Adrien tried desperately to get out of the blonde's grasp, but each time he did, she would squeeze him harder.

"Come Adrien, we can finally be together!"

Before another word left either of their lips, Samantha was pulled away from Adrien and tackled onto the ground. Eileen pinned each of Samantha's wrists onto the floor, her brow furrowed in anger.

"How dare you!" Samantha yelled, squirming underneath her.

"How dare I? How dare you! You're the reason there's so much tension and drama between these two that people can barely think!"

"Not my fault they aren't meant to be."

Eileen suddenly slapped the girl, a red hand print forming against Samantha's cheek. Her jaw fell open as Eileen moved her hand across her face. Now that one of her hands were free, Samantha shot another flash of purple at Marinette, this time, hitting her head.

The girl screamed in pain and Adrien quickly ran over to comfort her.

"Oops, my bad." Samantha sneered at Eileen before pushing her off and fleeing the scene in a puff of smoke.

Adrien yelled for Eileen to call the police as blood started to gush out of Marinette, Adrien beginning to panic.

"Marinette please! Don't do this.."

(A/N: This is where the prologue comes into play)

Marinette had been loaded into the ambulance a few minutes later and as the vehicle pulled out of the parking lot, Eileen dragged Adrien out of the mall who had become hysterical.

"Adrien! Get a hold of yourself! If you want to help Marinette, we need to find that bitch Samantha."

Adrien sat down on the ground, his eyes red and puffy. "I-I can't... I need to be with her.. I need to!"

Eileen sighed and sat down next to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.

"Adrien, I know it's hard, but we have to find Samantha so we can turn her in and get Marinette justice."

Adrien shook his head and wiped his face. "I don't care about finding her! I want to see Marinette!"

A pair of black leather boots appeared in front of the two, sending a shiver down Adrien's spine.

"S-Samantha?"

"Quiet! I've had enough of all of this!"

"You and me both.." Eileen mumbled and looked away, clearly un-amused.

Samantha narrowed her eyes and threw a purple orb at her, sending her flying into the air, landing with her back against a wall, the back of her head hitting it first, knocking her unconscious.

"There, no more sass from you." Samantha turned to Adrien and smirked at him, noticing he was trembling.

"Aw Adrien, don't be afraid of me. I just want to show you something."

"T-then go ahead."

She smiled and reached a hand out for him to take which he did and stood up straight.

"It'll only be a few seconds, okay?" Adrien nodded and as a flash of purple smoke surrounded them, his eyes widened at the mistake he had just made. Adrien was no where in sight when Eileen finally came to. She bit down on her lip, feeling awful for dragging him out. All that showed he had been sitting on the ground was a note that had fallen out of his back pocket. It was addressed to Marinette and revealed how much he loved her.

Without hesitation, Eileen quickly ran towards the hospital, the note clutched tightly in her hand.

*Five years later*

It had been five years since Adrien's disappearance and Marinette had kept thinking about him, it was hard not to. In her mind, Adrien went missing because she tried to help him get away from Samantha.

Eileen and Lucas were officially married two years after the incident, their hearts heavy because Adrien couldn't be apart of it. Lucas seen Adrien as his brother and with him not being involved in a life event saddened him. After graduation, Marinette moved back home and became an intern for Paris' highest fashion designer. She worked her way up to being an official designer and came out with her own line of clothes, styling them close to Adrien's style as a tribute for the blonde.

Just as Eileen and Lucas announced they were expecting, Marinette ran into someone who would change her life forever. She had met her future boyfriend, Mason, who was an author. The two became engaged after two years of dating, and were slowly getting things ready for their wedding which was in eight months.

Mason and Marinette were a happy couple, but Marinette had kept Mason in the dark about Adrien, stating he was only a friend to her when the five year anniversary of his disappearance came on the local news. She sometimes had dreams about the blonde, involving them getting married and having their only family. It pained her to be with someone else, but she knew it was best for her mental state to move on from the first guy she had ever loved.

~.~.~.~

And there it is!!

Don't worry, this isn't the last chapter! But the next few chapters will be set in the future

Hope you all enjoyed~!

~MD♥️