Fadeing life

There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was one of those hot dry winds that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands' necks. Anything can happen. You can even get a full glass of beer at a cocktail lounges. But that was never going to be the case on this night. Or any night after. After tonight eveything will change for many. 

The stories told by other authours always start with something intresting. This is not one of those stories, it is just one tragic death with a tragic reason. With time repeating its self. Over and over.

The clearing was glowing. The sound of snapping bones filled the air. The closer you got you found out that snapping was simply the snapping of wood on a fire.

Shadowy figures loomed above the fire, well one was on the floor. Waiting, watching.

Mark, bob and wade were sat meekly, faces lit by the soft flames of the fire. Below another face was lit. The face of a wolf. Sean was in a deep thought as he looked into the fire. It was only 3pm yet the night was here to stay. Eos potion worked but he wonderd for how long it would work.

There was a gentle tap on his sholder. Glancing up his blue eyes dimed with dejection. Mark's brown eyes had the same look.

"You ok Jack?" Mark quitely asked.

Sean shook his head calmly his ears falling back onto his head. Mark slowly put his hand out and placed it on Sean's head. Normaly Sean would hate this bit the comfort was well needed in a time like this. Sean sat up and looked to his friends. True friends. Could this be the end of them all? Or the start of something new?

The calm was bitter. The red flames climbed the sky. Yet they looked like rivers of blood. The wind was as still and cold as corpses.

"How long will we be here?" Wade asked.

"I don't know Karla could be anywhere" bob replied.

Sean stood up and clawed a message into the dirt.

"Guys Jack is going to see if he can attract him here," Mark called.

"How?" Wade questioned.

"By doing what wolves do best" Mark smiled.

"Howling" Bob whispered.

Sean gave a suttle nod. He stepped forward towards the dark woods. Looking first towards the moon then the forest. Last his friends. He took in the air. And lifting his head he let out a great howl. Its was loud, clear and elegant. Mark, bob and wade were in awe.

Large breath's came from Sean as he breathed rapidly. He slowed down and looked towards the others, they were just in shock. As the wind came past, like it heard him. The magic of a wolf howl. Fireflies started to surround them. They even formed a crown around Sean's head.

"I have never seen something so beautiful, in my life" Wade mutterd.

As flowers that bloom in the day opened up at night glowing brighter than the sun, purple's, blue's, yellow's you name it! Sean flicked his ear's comanding the fireflies to leave from around his head.

"What is this?" Mark asked holding his hand out for a firefly to land on.

"Haha, I think I can answer that" Sean's voice rang out like a thorn.

"JACK!?" Three voices echoed.

"Yes I am talking, but I am not sure for how long." He barked.

"So what is this?" Bob asked.