Cancer (Frerard)

Gerards POV

"Mikey! Im leaving for work!" I shout up the stares to my lazy ass brother whos probably sleeping without knowing that Ive gone. I carefully place my empty plate in the sink and put Mikeys breakfast in the microwave so later he can heat it because he cant cook for shit. I close the door to our house where our parents lived untill last year when they died. Poor Mikey was a wreck when we found out that mom  and dad had died in the car crash, I for one was upset but who wouldnt? they were my parents. Its a crisp Monday in New Jersey in early November, ice breaking from under my black converses and my thin black jacket stops the howeling wind freezing me. I comb my black hair back with my long thin fingers hoping today would be a good day because I never have a good day.

I jump straight into my mini and turn the heeters on and the music up because lets face it, Im still half asleep and I need a starbucks.

I finally reach work and park my little mini around the corner in 'staff only' parking but everyone knows that some poor kids mom worried sick parks in there or some husband meeting his wife after giving birth. It doesnt bother me as long as I can park. My life revolves around routine. I get up, cook for me and Mikey, shower, get dressed out to work, work all day, Mikey calls at break and I head home at 5 to cook for that lazy ass again then sleep. I hate the fact that everydays the same, I'd drive anyone insane.

The familiar disinfectant smell greets me asthe large doors automatically open as I do the star wars thing. A small child laughs to my referance which makes me warm inside.  The cold chill bites through my jacket and past my long black hair as I enter the all white reseption with a familiar face.

"Morning Ray" I smile to my friend on the ward holding 2 coffees from starbucks, hair a curley mess and in his blue nurces uniform. Hes such a nice guy, too nice for this job. We walk together up to ward C, Chemo ward. Its an okay job, the staff and people are nice with not many hicups in the business with the higher survival rate so many more people enter with more hope making my job a hell of alot easier. I sip my black coffee to wake me up which it does while walking past my bitchy boss who looks down on me with her fat belly and black heartless eyes. Shes so fucking horrible to me, for what I dont know but shes hated me since day one. Bitch.

"What have I got?"I ask the receptionist I thinks names Ashley.  She smiles her all american smile which compliments her tanned body but her cleavage is terrible I mean do some buttons up girl!

"Oh Mr Way, you have a new guy, I believe its Mr. Frank Iero" And thats when my life changed forever...

thanks for the read, sorry for the first chapter. Just to let everyone know I have little knowlage on cancer, so please dont be affended. Thank you..