Home

Carmen's POV

The cars pulled up to our pack house. I climbed out in relief. "Ahh, Home sweet home." I said. I grabbed my backpack and went up to the Beta's flat. I unlocked the door and my house greeted me. I gravitated towards my bedroom. The king sized bed greeted me. I looked around at my dark purple walls and carpet and my black bed set and curtains.

I dropped my backpack on the floor and I went to grab something to eat. I made myself some grilled cheese and cleaned up after. I left and locked my door and went outside. I did a few walk-and-waved and quite a few stop-and-chats. I made it to the riding stable and I looked for my personal horse.

"Peaches!" I cried when I found her in her stall. It had been mucked out. I took her out and brushed her down before putting on the saddle blanket. Then the saddle and I tightened the girth. I then pout on her bridle and climbed up on her.

I grabbed the reins and steered her out of the stable towards the edge of the boundaries for patrol. Our land was so large that we couldn't spare so many people to be on patrol, so we used horses. I urged Peaches into a trot.

She obliged and I went around the border, watching for Rogues and/or other packs attacking. I soon went into a canter, then a gallop. I was guiding her on where I wanted to go. "Hey, Cece!" One warrior called out as I went past. I called back a hey while trying not to fall off. It took a long time for me to get to the eastern boundary from the western. We didn't run a pack, we ran a moderate sized community.

I ended up riding past the Cedar Rapids Institution For Mental Health and waved to one of the head doctors, Phil. I saw so many smiling faces in our pack of 1,500. I heard a twig snap from my side. I looked and saw someone from Curtis's pack. I bit back a curse. -Jordy. We got scouts from Star Moon.- I said through our link.

-Just wait till they meet security.- She replied and I could hear the laugh in her voice. Sure enough, I heard some very surprised yells as all the scouts slid down waterfalls, down into tunnels, and head towards the pack cells. -Oh. I forgot about that!- I said back while I laughed my head off. -Ha. There's a reason we have the lowest rate of Rogue attacks.- she said back. I cut off our link with a laugh. I would have to interrogate the scouts later.

%@-$-&-@-$-&$&$-#--$

"I will ask only one more time. Why are you here?" I demanded from the 15 year old teenage boy in front of me. "Okay. Alpha Curtis is planning an attack on your pack. He's enlisted the help of Aqua Rain and Blue Sun. He says he's looking for someone called Carmen Dodge." The kid said in a low and worried voice.

Oh great. There's 350 in Star Moon, 650 in Aqua Rain and 400 in Blue Sun. That was almost our entire pack size. We needed help. I knew just who to call. "Thanks. Guards, only hold them until the battle. Then release them. Make sure they have plenty of food. Their going to shift soon and they need the energy." I ordered. The kid looked at me gratefully. "Yes, Beta." The guards replied in sync as they obeyed.

"Jordy! Star Moon, Aqua Rain, and Blue Sun are planning and attack." I told her quickly. I saw where face pale in the slightest. "I know. I heard." she said. I saw her start making battle strategies. I went over to my office and sat down in my desk chair. I picked up the phone and dialed his number. I hoped he could help.

_____________________________________________________________________

Ooh, a battle?

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!