Safe

Carmen's POV

I would be safe, for once. Without anyone breathing down my neck or waiting for a opportunity to beat me. Jordan was the older twin, and therefore would be Alpha, but I would be her back up. I kinda wondered how Morgan was doing. Was she alright? I went downstairs to get something to eat and ran into Jordan.

"Oh hey! I was just about to go find you! I scheduled an appointment for you at the pack doctor's." Jordan said. I frowned in confusion. Appointment? "You look underweight to me." she clarified. I nodded. The last time I checked, I weighed exactly 100 pounds. 100 pounds at 16 wasn't very good.

"Okay. Does any of our family live in the pack house?" I asked. Jordan thought. "Yeah. Our uncle Donovan and Aunt Kaedon. Their mates and kids. It's kinda crazy." she said. I distantly remembered my dad saying that my mom, Brandy, had a crazy family. "Who do you live with?" I asked. Jordan answered quickly. "Aunt Kaedon. She only has two other kids. Ironically, opposite gender twins."

I laughed and Jordan showed me the way to the pack doctor's house/office. I checked in with the receptionist and met the doctor, Lana. She did a quick check up before telling me. "Okay, Carmen. You should weigh about 130 pounds at average. You're underweight. I see a very good doctor repaired the nerve paths in your arm, but they didn't repair the damage done to your nerves. The whip marks on your back will not damage anything so that's good. Overall, you're quite healthy." Lana said.

I was happy to hear that and an excuse to eat like a pig. "Would it be possible to repair the nerves in my arm?" I asked curiously. Lana looked shocked and gasped. "No. It's far too dangerous to risk. There shouldn't really be any long term effects except that your arm will get tired easier." she said. I was impressed. That little damage? Morgan must be good. "Thanks, Lana." I said. She smiled and I left.

"Well?" Jordan asked. I did a terrible victory dance in celebration. Jordan laughed. "Minimal damage to my arm and I have a free excuse to eat like a pig. I'm 30 pounds underweight." I said. Jordan bear hugged me and I flinched. I wasn't used to this kind of contact. After a moment she let go. "Wait, we have a training session tomorrow. Maybe you could come?" she asked. I nodded, thinking how awesome it would be when I could be trained.

"I also need to be enrolled in school. I was forced to stop going after 6th grade but I had to do a majority of the pack's homework, so it was kinda like homeschooling." I said. Jordan nodded. I was glad I left. I finally felt safe.

_____________________________________________________________________

Good for Carmen, huh?

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!