Demoted

Carmen's POV

My paperwork was getting heavier and heavier so it tripled!!! I finally gave up trying to do it all and went to Jordan and Damon. They both threatened Mason that they would demote him if he didn't start attending to his duties. I smirked when it was all over and went back to doing my work.

There was a new scent in my office. I sniffed. Kiwi and Pineapple, my normal one, and......coconut. Oh fucking hell. A she-wolf's scent only changed when she was....Oh shit. I pretty much ran out of my office to get to the nearest pharmacy. I bought a test kit.

There I stood, looking at the results in my bathroom. Minus sign, not pregnant. Plus sign, pregnant. Apparently, these were the type that would tell you how far along you were. I checked them. Four plus signs. My eyes bugged out from shock as the sticks flashed. I was 5 weeks along. The only person that I could think of was...Mason.

I almost fell into a faint. The man that used me and dropped me like a hot potato, the baby's daddy? No, no, no!! Tears threatened to fall and I looked at my stomach in the bathroom mirror. A slight bump. I already knew this one would take longer since it's only Betas.

&#+%&-@+$--$--#

My workload had quadrupled by next week and I had fallen asleep on my desk about 4 times. Instead of 2 hours, I had 8 hours worth to do. Melody would always show up when I was sleeping, trying to get me in trouble with Jordan. On Tuesday, Jordan showed up to bring me lunch  and she saw me fast asleep.

"Cece? Cece wake up!" I heard her say, shaking me. I woke up and looked at her, bleary eyed. Melody was snickering behind her hand. Jordan was looking through my paperwork. She frowned. "This is 4 times as much as the original amount you were supposed to do." she said.

"It's Mason. He spends all his time doing the deed with Melody and dumps his workload at me. And Queen-Bitch-A-Lot over there has been trying to get me into trouble." I said. My voice was slightly hoarse since I had just been sleeping. I heard Jordan calling Mason through the pack link and then he showed up.

"Here to demote this lazy ass Beta?" he said, gesturing to me. I growled at him and made a move towards him but Jordan grabbed my arm, Pulling me back. "Actually, I am here to demote a lazy ass Beta. I, Jordan Dodge, Alpha of the Blood River Moon pack, Demote you, Mason White, from Beta position and here by give it to your older brother." Jordan said.

Older brother? Mason had an older brother? My thoughts were interrupted by Mason screaming out in pain as his power was taken from him. He was now third in command and obeyed to me. Melody and Mason left, skulking. "By the way, are you pregnant?" Jordan asked. I nodded weakly.

"It's Mason's. I haven't gotten around to telling him yet." I replied. There was one happy thought this day, that I could actually get some sleep with Mason's older brother doing some paperwork. I almost jumped up in the air.

"Oh, I'm late for the ultrasound that I had scheduled with Lana before I fell asleep!" I said. I ran out of the room, out of the pack house, and towards the doctors office. I only arrived just in time.

Lana performed the ultrasound and checked the screen. "Well Carmen, there's a baby girl in there!" she said. I smiled. I had always wanted a girl. "Great. Anything wrong with her?" I asked. Lana's face looked grim and my smile faded slightly. "She'll be dyslexic. She picked it up from her paternal grandmother." Lana said. I could deal with dyslexia.

I left with the ultrasound photos in my pocket and I met Melody on the stairs. "Little bitch. I know you're pregnant. You're such a whore." she hissed at me. I knew what was coming and I slapped her before she could hit me. She put one hand to her cheek, stunned. She glared at me and everything then seemed to happen in slow motion.

She pushed me and I felt my feet teeter on the stair edge. I was falling. I heard a slight creak but wrapped my arms around my stomach, trying to protect my baby. I felt myself land in someone's arms. Oh, no, I felt sparks! Curtis!! he wrapped his arms around me and together we fell. My stomach jolted unpleasantly.

I felt us both hit the floor and I scrambled away from whoever was holding me. I looked at him. It wasn't Curtis, to my enormous relief. It was a different man. He was 6"2 and had warm hazel eyes with silver flecks in them. His hair was an extremely dark blonde and I could see muscle through his shirt. He looked at me lovingly.

"It's you....My mate." he said.

_____________________________________________________________________

I'm gonna make it a double post today, so we can find out what happens. Two chappies left!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!