Chance

(Time skip to a year later...)

Carmen's POV

The phone rang and I picked it up. "Hello? Beta of Blood River Moon here." I said politely. No answer. I repeated it, still no answer. I frowned and hung up. Mason walked in. I smiled at my boyfriend, we'd been together for a year. "More crank calls?" he asked. I nodded and he came to sit beside me.

"I've finished my work. I'll help you with yours." he said in my ear. His breath tickled and I let out a small chuckle. I tried to concentrate but it was impossible with Mason breathing on my neck. I got up and his head hit my desk with a thud. "Alright you. I can't work!" I said playfully. He went right back over to me. "Okay. I know another way we can occupy our time." he whispered seductively. I merely nodded and went to my room with Mason following.

&#-%-%-%-#+$-$-%+#+%

I woke up the next morning stark naked. My hand went up to my neck and I felt nothing. I rolled over to smile at Mason. He was gone. I could smell his scent, so he hadn't gone very far. I got up, dressed, and went to go find some food and maybe Mason.

A sight of horror greeted me. Mason was having a heated make out session with another girl. I could sense sparks flying off of them so I knew they were mates. My eyes filled with tears. He told me he was Mateless! What a lying bastard!! The pulled apart for a breath of air and Mason saw me.

"Carm! I swear, it's not what it looks like!" he said. I could see the girl's face now. It was Jordan's third in command. "Really? Because it looks like you're making out with a girl who is obviously your mate after you told your girlfriend you were Mateless!! It also seems that you got up, went downstairs, and forgot about the nice girl who gave you her virginity last night!!" I screamed.

"Well then, it's exactly what it looks like." Mason said. I slapped him hard across the face and left in an angry huff. I went back to my room and stripped the bed of the sheets, pillowcases, and the comforter. I sent it down the laundry chute and put new ones on. Mason's scent was still in my room and I wanted to get rid of it.

I glanced at the picture of us together on my dresser. I leaned the frame down and gave him back almost every single thing I had received from him. Except the ring he got me on my birthday. It was stuck on and I couldn't get it off. It even showed up when I was in wolf form.

I'm sorry, Maia. I shouldn't have done this. I said to her. I felt like crying, even though I didn't. It's okay, Carmen. she tried to soothe me. I felt my sadness turn into anger. No it's not! I believed him! I shouted at her. Our argument continued for quite awhile until I went back to my office.

There was the third command sitting in my chair. "Ahem?" I said. She looked at me and her name came back. Melody. "Yes? Are you here to clean out your office?" she asked. I frowned. Where did she get that idea? "I'm sorry but, what are you talking about?" I asked. She smirked at me. "I'm the new Beta of this pack. You have to resign, since I'm Mason's mate." Melody said smugly.

I clenched my fist. "I don't. This pack of 4,000 wolves needs two Betas, pairs as well, to manage it. You'll fail within the first week." I said. Melody marched right up into my face. "I make the rules now, you know. And I say, get out of my office!!" she practically barked into my ear.

"Huh?" Jordan asked as she walked in. Melody looked at her and then back at me. "Oh, Alpha! Thank the Moon Goddess you're here! I was just about to discipline this pack member for disobeying her Beta." Melody said in a fake voice. Jordan looked extremely confused at the moment. "No, Carmen will remain Beta. You shall just help out Mason with his work." Jordan clarified. I went back to my chair and sat down in it.

I opened my desk drawers. Melody had already moved my stuff out of them. I found my stuff on top of the desk. I pulled out each drawer and dumped Melody's shit onto the floor. Then, I replaced my stuff. Jordan looked a moment away from a laugh and Melody was furious. She stomped out of my office without another word.

I smiled and got to work.

_____________________________________________________________________

Woo! I got another chappie up! I think this book will be coming to an end soon. Not exactly sure when.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!