Training

Carmen's POV

I showed up for training the next day. One of the top warriors was teaching it. Jordan had come with me. It was odd, being this close to so many people and no hostility in the air. I liked it because I wouldn't get slapped, hit, kicked, etc... Jordan paired up with me when we split into partners and went easy on me. I still felt like I did great and I ate like a pig at dinner.

"Carmen, My uncle is going to pass down Alpha position. Since his wife can't have kids, I'm the oldest one and the only one who has Alpha genes. Well, you're strong too. Somewhere between Beta and Alpha." She said. I was kinda astonished. Uncle Donovan was the Alpha? that was new."Okay, I'll be in the gym tonight, if you need me." I said. I was heading back to my room, a real room, when Jordan replied. "Okay."

That night, I trains as hard as I could manage. I was glad I had been rapidly gaining weight this past day or so, since I had three full meals a day. Night after night after night I spent in that gym, training.

_____________________________________________________________________

Curtis's POV

"No, Angela, go away. I don't have any time for this." I said irritably to the whore who often slept around trying to seduce me. My thoughts always wandered to Carmen. How beautiful would she look without all those bruises?

My paperwork was piling up and our finances were starting to crash. I couldn't understand why. So half of us had Lamborghinis and the other half had Vipers. That was no reason why our money amount had decreased from 50 million to 25 million! or was it? Nah!

I worked until I couldn't concentrate and then I mindlinked the new Omega, Carol, to bring me up a snack. She did so fearfully. I saw how much she looked like Carmen and almost burst out crying. Was I that horrible of a person? Even my wolf wouldn't talk to me anymore. It was terrible. I was lonely and depressed.

If only, I hadn't been myself. If only, I was a different person. If only she was a different person. Why was I blaming myself? It was Carmen's fault her parents were dead. It was her fault that I was so depressed. I was determined to find her, drag her back by her hair, and make her my servant again. Why, Moon Goddess? Why did you mate me with her? Am I really that bad?

Yes. Yes you are you egotistical jerk. River said angrily. I was beyond pissed. Why all of a sudden talking to me? I said. He snorted and I could hear the contempt in his voice. I'm talking to you because you're blaming our innocent mate, now ex-mate, for your mistakes!! He said. I scoffed and he growled. Innocent my ass. She's the cause of all this! I yelled at him. One day, you're going to regret not having her with us. And on that day, I will laugh at you and leave you to stew in your own misery. With that, he cut off our link.

I just swore to myself and scheduled a training session for tomorrow.

_____________________________________________________________________

Oh, Curtis. How wrong you are.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!