29

tw: suicide mention (right at the end and it's not graphic!! just one sentence :) also scars mention)

Julian thought that he could sleep forever.

His chin was resting on the top of Lloyd's head, his arms wrapped around his waist. The two of them were breathing in sync. Lloyd's hair was soft, pressed up against Julian's neck as he slept. He was wearing one of Julian's old hoodies. There was a small, peaceful smile on his face.

Light was starting to filter through the blinds, but Julian was willing to ignore it for a while longer. His eyes were half-open, drifting between sleep and consciousness. The room was warm. His blankets were pulled up to his chin.

Lloyd shifted sleepily against him, letting out a small whine as his eye began to open. He stretched out slightly, yawning. Julian smiled and pulled him closer, kissing the nape of his neck. Lloyd shivered and moaned softly, trying to press closer to him.

"Morning, sunshine," Julian sang, grinning. Lloyd rolled his eye.

"Shut up," he said, rolling onto his side to kiss Julian's forehead. 

They lay there for a moment, content to just be there in silence. Lloyd sat up, rubbing his eye. Julian groaned and pulled him back down.

"Five more minutes." He faked a yawn. Even though he wasn't tired, he wanted an excuse to keep Lloyd beside him. Lloyd scoffed, shaking his head.

"Get up, dude," he laughed. "It's 11 a.m." Even as he said it, he curled up next to Julian and smiled.

"That's never exactly been an issue for you," Julian replied, kissing Lloyd's nose. "Mr. I-party-all-night-and-sleep-till-3-p.m."

"You're so lame," Lloyd groaned, grinning. He laced his fingers with Julian's underneath the blankets. "You're like an old man."

"You must have a kink for old men, huh?"

Lloyd snorted. "Shut the fuck up! I do not!" He pressed a hand to his chest, feigning outrage. "How dare you?"

Julian smiled and kissed him.

This was everything that Julian'd wanted, everything that he'd missed. He'd been alone for so long- never really knowing why he felt so empty. Everything had seemed pointless.

But now, here he was, his boyfriend- and best friend- pressed up against him, the two of them moving in sync. His hands crept up to his hair, gently gripping fistfuls of faded red dye.

Lloyd jumped away.

"S-sorry," he whispered, looking away. "Uh..."

"No!" Julian said, a lot louder than he'd intended to. "Don't worry about it! I didn't mean to hurt you."

Lloyd shook his head. "It's not that, it's..." He paused. "When your mom came to visit me in hospital-" Julian tensed.

"She told me that my hair was... bad, I guess? She, uh... She said that was all part of an elaborate lie to get you to like me."

Julian paused, then pulled him into a hug, squeezing tightly before giving him a sad smile.

"Don't say that shit to yourself. You can't believe the things she told you." The two of them lay there in the quiet, arms wrapped around each other and hearts beating in sync.

Lloyd smiled. "Hey, what's your favourite colour?"

Julian shrugged. "Blue."

"Is there a colour that your mom hates?"