Chapter 11- Intimacy & Motherly Love

*Johanna's POV*
(July 13th, 2046)-

"Marry me." Alex blurted out quietly, nuzzling his face down into my neck, my hair cascading over my collarbone where he rested his head.

"What?" I asked, turning down to look at him.

"Marry me." He insisted.

"Yes." I said, kissing the side of his head.

"Yeah? Yes? You'll marry me?" He asked. I can't even begin to explain the smile on his face right now. So lit up, so elated.

He reached over under his pillow and pulled out a little blue box.

He opened it up and I stared at the rock in front of me, a smile forming upon my lips.

I giggled, wiping a lone tear that fell from my face. He smiled softly and slid the ring onto my left ring finger, just as it belonged.

I smiled and hugged him.

The rest of the night we lay there, bare, consumed in the teal, satin sheets of his bed and wrapped in the comfort of each others arms before we eventually fell asleep.

*Jayda's POV*

"Jay!!!" Kinsie squealed. It's been almost a month since we've seen eachother, as she's been on an extreme trip in New York, finally returning home to me.

"Hey baby, how are you?" I giggled, going in for a big bear hug.

"I'm good, but I missed you." She said.

"I missed you too, so much." I smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Guess what?" I asked.

"What?" she asked.

"I signed the papers today." I smiled brightly.

"Really?" She asked, jumping up and down.

"Yeah, it's settled." I smiled.

"That's so cool!" She smiled, hugging me again before changing into her pajamas and climbing into bed.

This is nine year old Kinsie. My new daughter, I signed the official papers today. When I was in college, I volunteered for an after-school program, and she was there. We had an immediate connection, but I found out she was an orphan. So, after a long two-year proccess, I finally signed off, and she's mine. Jacob, Johanna, and I have known her since she was four, so she really looks at me as a fun mother figure, she told me. And, I'm so honored to hold that position.

*The Next Morning*

"Good morning, sleepyhead." I giggled, as she walked in yawning.

"Morning. What are you making?" She asked.

"Pancakes and sausage...sound okay?" I asked.

"Sounds great." She said, shooting a sleepy smile my way.

"Good." I said, placing a plate in front of her and making one for myself.

"What are we doing today?" She asked.

"Um, that, I don't know yet." I replied.

She nodded and continued eating.

*Jacob's POV*

I went ahead and decided to call Jayda and see what she was up to. Kinsie should have come home last night...

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey." I replied.

"Hey." she cooed. She seemed happy to hear me.

"What's up? Kinsie come home last night?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"And, any news?" I asked.

"Yeah, I signed the papers, Jake. She's mine." She squealed happily.

"Oh my gosh Jay, that's so great." I said enthusiastically. I'm so happy for them, truly am.

"Yeah." She replied. I can't imagine how happy she is, but I can see the smile on her face.

"What are you guys doing today?" I asked.

"That's the problem, I don't know." She said.

"Let's go celebrate. Get ice-cream, tour the aquarium, I know she likes the art-museum. Invite Jo, for some reason she loves all of us together." I laughed.

"Great idea, Jake, thanks. Meet in the park at eleven and we'll grab lunch, I'll call Johanna and she if she's available." She said, hanging up after we said our goodbyes.

So, I quickly showered and dressed, getting ready for my day out with my identicals and niece.